What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remounted v-boost, adjusted cable, finished a/f screws, bench synced... Hmm what else? Oh, yeah. Haven't even heard her start yet and the oil light comes on when I hit the start button. I'm hoping that it's just a sensor I've unplugged in the process of redoing things. It wasn't coming on at the shop when I picked her up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

the oil light comes on when I hit the start button. I'm hoping that it's just a sensor I've unplugged in the process of redoing things. It wasn't coming on at the shop when I picked her up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The oil light and fuel light should both light up while the starter button is depressed. This is done as a "test" so you know the bulbs are good before riding the bike. If the fuel light doesn't come on then you need a new bulb in place or the fuel pump will only work in the "res" position and not the "on" position.

Sean

Well I pulled up on a Harley at a light today. It was a warmer day for us here (62). The fellow was about late 30's, wearing a local MC logo and rockers. He was on a FXSTC, I asked him what year it was and he told me a 07, it was nice looking bike. I asked how long he had it he said bought it new, I smiled. He looked over the max and asked if it was fast and what was it. I told him. The light changed I took off not really caring if he kept up or not but I was not trying to run him either. We got to the next light and he said to me I like to race you. I told him it would not be a fair race. He laughs and told me he could take me. Now I really did not want to but I told him I would. The light changes and he reps up and takes off with a nice launch. I hear him change to 2nd then 3rd as I just change in to 2nd and I hit it and pass him with ease before I hit 3rd and kept going till I was in 4th. I was clearly ahead of him by this time and made another light but he did not. I back out of it and I was heading to a store and pulled in. As I am parking I see him go by, he waves and goes on, lol. And that's what I did today with my max

Last edited:
Well I pulled up on a Harley at a light today. It was a warmer day for us here (62). The fellow was about late 30's, wearing a local MC logo and rockers. He was on a FXSTC, I asked him what year it was and he told me a 07, it was nice looking bike. I asked how long he had it he said bought it new, I smiled. He looked over the max and asked if it was fast and what was it. I told him. The light changed I took off not really caring if he kept up or not but I was not trying to run him either. We got to the next light and he said to me I like to race you. I told him it would not be a fair race. He laughs and told me he could take me. Now I really did not want to but I told him I would. The light changes and he reps up and takes off with a nice launch. I hear him change to 2nd then 3rd as I just change in to 2nd and I hit it and pass him with ease before I hit 3rd and kept going till I was in 4th. I was clearly ahead of him by this time and made another light but he did not. I back out of it and I was heading to a store and pulled in. As I am parking I see him go by, he waves and goes on, lol. And that's what I did today with my max

Good day, nice easy win:clapping:

I did warn him it would not be a fair race lol I even let him leave the line first to see if was really going to so. I smiled when he did, his bike was making a lot of noise but for the speed it was not really moving that fast. So it was not very hard to get by him and leave him. And for the last day in Jan this was a very warm day here so I seen bikes coming out wood work. It has been very mild here this winter and I been trying to switch off riding both bike's. I do not mind the colder temps as long as the road is clear, I will ride.

Yesterday I found rust in my tank, quite a bit. Today I removed the tank. I am about 90% sure I'm going to get a new one. Could clean and coat it but probably not. I'm about to go back out to the garage and solder my RR wires and get a better ground. Also going to check my radiator fan, seems like it don't come on automatically. I would have much rather done what PDWeylan did, gotta work on it now for powerfull good times later.

That's a heart warming story Paul.
They are ignorant fools, aren't they. :rofl_200:

Now I have seen a few fast H-D. But they where show boats. I know there are way faster bikes out there than mine, and there are riders willing to push their's farther than I am willing to push mine. But I had to admit that it place a ear to ear grin on my face when passed him. I know that he could have pushed harder on his but when I closed the gap so fast and pulled away, I really think he let go of it and let me go on.

Back in Dec. I took my Max up to a store, he stocks leathers, riding gear and can order parts, it is very close to my house. The owner wanted to see my max. Now he is H-D fan and owner, there was a few 'bar flies' hanging out inside. They all came out to look at the max. One of the 'bar fly's' said he could take it light to light and talking trash talk to me. The owner said " put your title up and run him" to the bar fly. The bar fly said I run him for 100 but not my title, the owner laughed and told him he knows that 'his' bike would not be able to do it and the he could not beat the owners bike, lol. Now the owner is very cool to me, he respects everyone that has two wheels no matter the name on the side. Later this spring we are to go a riding and tear up some back roads.

Last edited:
Tank installed, fuel lines connected, front wheel on, throttle cables in carbs, purchased gas can (and gas), rotella T6, oil catch pan and funnel, oil filter (wix). Forgot to grab gear oil.

It's going slower than I hoped, but I'd rather do it correctly.

carefully removed clutch slave cylinder, bled lines and reinstalled...after hearing about broken bolts I was cringing the whole time...

I ordered me some bar end led lights http://assets-magick.lemansnet.com/prd-edge/j/260/ffffff/1020000/1026300/1026364 I should have them next week. I know it is not a complex project. I changed out my handle bars a few weeks back, I pre drilled a hole in the handle bar to get the wiring through, and ran a string to feed the wires so that it is going to easy to wire them.

Going to look sweet, you'll have to post some after pictures. or maybe even a write-up for your fellow Max-heads that might be considering a similar mod. A buddy of mine that works on bikes, gave me a tip when I ran wires through the bars. one was use a good grommet on the exit. and the other was use that foam insulation in a can, after you do the install and make sure everything works. It works real well to keep things in place and can be dissolved easily with some solvents if you need to get back in there for some reason.

Going to look sweet, you'll have to post some after pictures. or maybe even a write-up for your fellow Max-heads that might be considering a similar mod. A buddy of mine that works on bikes, gave me a tip when I ran wires through the bars. one was use a good grommet on the exit. and the other was use that foam insulation after you do the install and make sure everything works. It works real well to keep things in place and can be dissolved easily with some solvents if you need to get back in there for some reason.

Going to run wire loom up with wires. When I changed out the stock bars for wider ones, I drilled out a hole large enough to run up power into the bar with the wire loom. I had this in mind before I changed out the bars. When the lights come in I will be sure get a few pic as I do it. Then post them up. I have only seen three bar end lights, I like these the best.

Since I could not sleep I was on fleabay and bought a fan switch kit from Python's eBay store. Should get it a day or two. I know post pic's as I do it for everyone to see.

Pd I got home frm work at 5am and could not sleep so I worked on my license plate brake light. It looks just like the scoobie brake light on ebay for $120 all I had to do is drill some holes and hook up the wiring. I will trim the fender bracket. So it looks better
I will post pics asap.

...put taillight assembly back together.
removed radiator side covers
removed radiator grill in prep for sand blasting and refinishing.

I just got the call my bar end lights are in going to pick them up get them on the bike today. I will have something to show for you guys in a little later today. woohoo.

Back