What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the
HONDA CBR600RR / CBR900RR led brake light LED conversion, as seen in this post

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14383

But, with some machinery oportunity at work, THE ORIGINAL POST WAS GREAT, BECAUSE IT WAS DONE IN THE LEAVING ROOM OF A CONDO.

the way i did, is a full like original = fender frame hold the tail light as original

Thank`s for the original post and to the FORUM

just sharing:biglaugh:

Attachments

• DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00014.jpg
    DSC00014.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 33
Re-did my clutch without the half friction. Put fluid in and bled rear brakes. Fitted the new battery (you need to cut 2 slots with this brand - see pic). Sorted out about half the wiring. Tried to bleed the clutch but the master cylinder jammed.

Attachments

• 20120211_006.jpg
    20120211_006.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 24
  • 20120211_008.jpg
    20120211_008.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20120211_007.jpg
    20120211_007.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 25
  • 20120211_005.jpg
    20120211_005.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 24
Nothing today but remove my rad covers & box up to send to Bazwell but that damn monkey is calling. I see the slotted fighter side covers & fiberglass radiator covers comeing from Boxenstop soon..

Today I paid Kyle for rad covers he sent me. :eusa_dance:

Monkeys don't like the heat. Mine deliberately breaks things. I think he did a poo in my clutch master. :damn angry:

Just ordered a clutch master cyl for my other Yamaha (FZR1000) while waiting on the parts to come back from the machinist for my VMax. Tried a rebuild kit but it didn't work.

Bazwell: both, leaked & jammed-up. No burrs or anything obvious, it was a made-in-Japan K & L kit. I always wondered why they make you install the plunger rubber yourself, why don't they do it?

Last edited:
The mod monkey got very mad.
He says he reads the internet every day, and I shouldn't say things about him.
He told med to say that he didn't poo in my clutch master cylinder, and to say that the mod monkey is god.
He also told me he would loosen off the big end nuts if I didn't say it wasn't his fault, and it never is.
He also said I drink too much.

Sorry Mr Monkey. :worthy:

Attachments

• 20120212_002.jpg
    20120212_002.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 34
Today I fixed my clutch master cylinder and the mod monkey helped a lot.

Attachments

• 20120212_003.jpg
    20120212_003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 36
After sitting on these accent lights for a year now, finally got off my a$$ to start the building of the circuits and preparing for mounting. These will look great on my '05 being ruby red SMD LED's. Also picked up a remote module that has multi functions for the lights. I like the breathing effects it will render!

Attachments

• SMD_LEDs.jpg
    SMD_LEDs.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
I pulled the lolly pop turn signals off the rear and replaced with a mini bullet style that have a two way bulb, so I now have markers and turns from them. For as little as they are they are very bright.
:punk: Have lights be seen.

Attachments

• bullit turns.jpg
    bullit turns.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 18
  • new turn & markers.jpg
    new turn & markers.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 19
  • with turn signal on.jpg
    with turn signal on.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 17
Took mine out today for the first time after it's winter hybernation, with a new final drive fitted. Lovely and no racket on part throttle.

I just finished puttimg mine in various boxes while i wait for my new awesome transmission from morley lol. i have heard of bikes in pieces... now i have one lol.
many thanks to sean and his assistance.. god knows ive emailed him enough times lol.

Put some fuel in and primed the pump and got fuel pressure.
Put in oil and coolant. Coolant leaked out from what looks to be a cracked thermostat housing. I'll pull it off tomorrow.
Cranked up oil pressure, fitted the plugs and COP's.

Started her up! :eusa_dance:

Only long enough to make sure it idled, so that I know I haven't stuffed up the carbs, and that the COP's work. No funny noises or anything bad. :punk:

YAY!!! IT WORKS! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Every step forward is treasured at the moment.

Put some fuel in and primed the pump and got fuel pressure.
Put in oil and coolant. Coolant leaked out from what looks to be a cracked thermostat housing. I'll pull it off tomorrow.
Cranked up oil pressure, fitted the plugs and COP's.

Started her up! :eusa_dance:

Only long enough to make sure it idled, so that I know I haven't stuffed up the carbs, and that the COP's work. No funny noises or anything bad. :punk:

YAY!!! IT WORKS! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Every step forward is treasured at the moment.

:punk: that has to be a great feeling!

:punk: that has to be a great feeling!

Yes it is! :clapping:

Today I pulled off the thermostat housing, but couldn't see any cracks. Found an o-ring that will work and put her all back together.

I ran her up to operating temp and let the fan cycle a few times.
There was water leaking from near the radiator cap, but it mostly cleared up after the first fan cycle. There's a couple of little water leaks still, but I'll just hope that they clear up too.

Ran it thru the gears on the center stand. No funny noises. :biglaugh:

ALMOST got enough bike to ride it. SOON, SOON!!!

Plated the bike today. main streets are clear, but side streets are still an icy mess. ive seen a few bikes out this weekend. Watch for gravel my melting snowbound friends.

peace,
evan...

Latest posts

Back