What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a new set of forward controls for my 03. Hated to spend big bucks but did not want a cheesy homemade look. In the picks are a set of cheap foot pegs that I had laying around. Just ordered a much nicer set for replacements. Very comfortable to ride with.
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

While working on the instrument cluster, I broke a shaped piece of polycarb I was going to use as a backing plate. But, when the monkey kicks you in the balls, the monkey also gives you an ice pack.

I had an even better idea on the setup I'm making. :clapping: so I should have it done my tomorrow afternoon, depending on what time I get up.

I also fired up the AutoCAD and started designing me a nitrous fill station. Nothing too fancy, but those in the fire service who has seen a cascade system,except the fill section will be on it's side.

I'm going to take a piece of pipe and cut it in a clam shell fashion then install hinges. Inside there will be a bracket to hold the tank in place. I figure it will create a nice and safe place for the bikes nitrous tank to sit. This will reside on a digital scale.

The mother bottle will be close by, sitting upside-down vertically in its own reinforced, hole in the work bench. I just thinking now how to plumb it. I have a bout a dozen ideas, but I'm going to have to pick one that best fits.

Also I I'm looking at plumbing to go from the air compressor to add 5 or 6 air stations.

I finished up mounting the new amber led marker lights to my radiator side covers. I pealed the stick on metal strip under the amber reflector. The light has 12 leds in each. the photos where taken just before dusk but they are bright. Then I worked on my grounds making sure than that was the gremlin that was lurking in my charging system. Going to do the wire leaps over the plugs to see if that will help any tomorrow.

Attachments

• 12leds in that marker.jpg
    12leds in that marker.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 24
  • LEDS new.jpg
    LEDS new.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25
  • new marker lights.jpg
    new marker lights.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 20
got her on the road for the first time. ran great, handled great, brakes worked well (new pads). put new steering stem bearings in and torqued everything to 'spec'. headshake is back with a vengence on decel around 40-45. gonna have to do the bounce method tonight. oh well.

... headshake is back with a vengence on decel around 40-45. gonna have to do the bounce method tonight. oh well.

Oh that sucks.

My sidecar rig eats front tires for lunch and as the tires get warn it will induce head shake so violent that having a single hand on the bars is no where near sufficient. Fortunately its at low speeds, 10-20mph or so, then goes away, but flipping scary stuff anyway.

yea if i keep my hands on the bars is not an issue, its if i take them off. but i feel it shimmy at those speeds if i'm light with my touch. oh well.. should take 5 mins to fix it.

That looks great Paul! It really adds to the conspicuity , especially from the side and I'm guessing the front 1/4 and rear 1/4 views too.
Well where I placed them they are more for the front and front sides. The legs block the view if you where behind me, the air scoops block them out of my field of vision. At night they cast a very wide amber light pattern on the ground. The angle of the leds inside the marker light are arched and the marker light is from a semi parts supplier. I feel that if it was meant to use on a semi will the bumps and jars that a semi takes it would have no problems on a motorcycle. It is the same type of light I use for the 2nd brake light but in amber and the lens has a light diffuser to help spread the light pattern. They are 10 bux or less at many truck stops. They could be wired into the turn signals but in full daylight they may get washed out since they face mainly to the side. But I like to ride at night so they where placed on for more for the night riding. I want to add an under glow led system but have other things I must take care of first.

yea if i keep my hands on the bars is not an issue, its if i take them off. but i feel it shimmy at those speeds if i'm light with my touch. oh well.. should take 5 mins to fix it.

took the nuts almost 2 full turns i'd say to get it to where the bounce is almost eliminated. ran her again and felt a lot better. still can make her wobble if i take my hands off the bars on a decel around 45 if i am on rough roads or hit the bars. so back to where it was before. lots of time and not too much money wasted on the bearing replacement.

took the nuts almost 2 full turns i'd say to get it to where the bounce is almost eliminated. ran her again and felt a lot better. still can make her wobble if i take my hands off the bars on a decel around 45 if i am on rough roads or hit the bars. so back to where it was before. lots of time and not too much money wasted on the bearing replacement.

You'll get it dialed in, I have faith in you :punk:

I finished my instrument cluster. made it out of polycarb. That dremel trio is one awesome tool for doing things like this.
I have it painted and drying as I type. I also painted the bezels on my gauges black to blend in.
Tomorrow, I'm going to use them rub on letters, like the hobby people do on their model trains, and then hit it with a few coats of clear. It will be together and back on the bike Wednesday.

Received my new riser for the superbike bars. Need to get some stainless steel hardware to compliment it. Installing it tonight......

Took my 2010 out for a ride got pulled over for speeding.Cop come over looks my bike over says so this is the new vmax.asks if he could sit on it i said sure he asked how fast does it go i said as far as i know 55 he laughed said slow down.NO Ticket.

Took my 2010 out for a ride got pulled over for speeding.Cop come over looks my bike over says so this is the new vmax.asks if he could sit on it i said sure he asked how fast does it go i said as far as i know 55 he laughed said slow down.NO Ticket.

Man, thats awesome....I was pulled over years ago on my '95 and the cop goes what is that thing...I told him a vmax, since it was all customized. We talked for like 30 minutes and then he let me go with a warning. Damn I love these bikes!!!!

Man, thats awesome....I was pulled over years ago on my '95 and the cop goes what is that thing...I told him a vmax, since it was all customized. We talked for like 30 minutes and then he let me go with a warning. Damn I love these bikes!!!!
gotta love explaining the bike

You'll get it dialed in, I have faith in you :punk:

meh i just might let it be for now..

Unfortunately I had the exact same results as you Garrett. New parts can't be all bad though huh ;)

yea. its still runs awesome and the new pads worked great. pushign the pistons back in musta released an air bubble somewhere b/c my lever has half the freeplay it used to!!

:rofl_200:

Nice work. 55mph. That was perfect.

Back