What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapped final drive, got baby powder all over the place, and took the risers out of my bars. I think I actually like the risers.

Took the baffles out to straighten them because one was rattling, also took the K&N out to clean it but didn't have time to put anything back - then I got up and rode to work today... :biglaugh:

IMAG0674.jpg

I was installing new silicone cooling hoses on the Max, and had to step out of the garage to cool off. 90* freaking degrees in the garage. While sweating my balls off I noticed a package at the front door. Its my chromed clear covers from Sean. WHOOP !!!! WHOOP !!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 31
Red bikes are common, but that is a nice paintjob. I've liked 'candy apple red' since I was playing-with & painting slot cars as a kid. I think you told us the exact color name & supplier, but that's what I would call it generically.

The body panels look good together. Sometimes people throw a catalog of things together and it doesn't 'work.' This does, to me.

Are you going to fab-up some extension for the rear of the front fender? I wouldn't want to be throwing all the Alaska road crud all-over my engine.

Again, I think you already mentioned it, is the right-front slim bottle some-sort of a catch-can?

What do you do when it rains, do you have a cover for the louvres?

Beautiful job KJ! Archangel 2.0 looks fantastic.

Well as for me, I will hopefully be pulling my max from the back of the garage this weekend for the first time in a long time. Other than playing around with some vinyl wrap at the beginning of the winter, I have done nothing to it all winter :bang head:

I have been in some major renos in the house over the last 3 months. My mom moved in a couple of years ago and now she needed chair lift to get up and down the basement to her apartment. This lead from redoing the complete rear entrance and rec room to make this happen.

So unfortunately, do to low funds from the renos and lack of time left, my max will not be making the transformation that I was hoping for. I guess there is always next year.

Mike

Thanks guys for all the kind words :) I appreciate it :punk:

Red bikes are common, but that is a nice paintjob. I've liked 'candy apple red' since I was playing-with & painting slot cars as a kid. I think you told us the exact color name & supplier, but that's what I would call it generically.

The body panels look good together. Sometimes people throw a catalog of things together and it doesn't 'work.' This does, to me.

Are you going to fab-up some extension for the rear of the front fender? I wouldn't want to be throwing all the Alaska road crud all-over my engine.

Again, I think you already mentioned it, is the right-front slim bottle some-sort of a catch-can?

What do you do when it rains, do you have a cover for the louvres?

Down in the lower 48, I noticed they're pretty common. Up here you would have to keep your eye out for one. Blue, black, yellow and silver are the commoners up here. I think the last red bike I saw was an 05 max, and I don't think it's in town anymore.

Nope, I'm leaving the front fender as is. not much stuff gets kicked up on the front. The belly pan however does have the clear wrap over the front for protection. Your right on the puke can. I relocated it to free up some room for nitrous solenoids.

I'm not too worried about rain, the tank area really doesn't get all that wet when I rain ride.

After going around playing with different paints and colors, the final color was matched to some blood of mine. the maker is PPG I got it from the local NAPA, it even has a few drops of my blood in it. Some friends of mine where joking around about the old KISS comic that they guys put a few drops of their blood in the ink. Its corny and senseless, but makes for a story. Its sprayed over a silver base then hit with a generic gloss clear.

Some friends of mine where joking around about the old KISS comic that they guys put a few drops of their blood in the ink. Its corny and senseless, but makes for a story.

LOL...yeah...but if you were a member of the KISS army....you HAD to have them anyways...

I told Strafer and SkullDuggery that I Love Em and gave em a Big Hug.
With all the work generated by the Current Gun Issues there's little time for anything else these days.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Back