What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at my clutch fluid routing system. I bought a cable and a couple of kits but I'm not sure about all those steel pipes connected by hoses. This cable looks like it goes from the handle bar directly to the slave cylinder and bypasses all that plumbing. WTF. it will never run again anyway

Do a 'reverse-bleed' for pushing the fluid from the slave bleeder up into the master cyl reservoir. There are plenty of threads about it, just use the 'advanced search' function at the top of the page, hit 'search' 1st, and then 'advanced search,' filling-in the appropriate words in the search window.

For some reason, bleeding the brakes down works a lot-better than doing the same thing for the clutch, but pushing the clutch fluid up will bleed it adequately in short order.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=22407&highlight=clutch+bleeding

Added OTEC black anodised clear clutch & waterpump covers to the bike.

picture.php

Last edited:
Will be work on replace the valve covers and installing a new koso speedometer/tech.

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 26
  • P1030509.JPG
    P1030509.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 29
Popped off the flywheel on my '07 to change the starter sprag clutch. Came off (launched off, more like) quite easily, just loaded up the puller and off she came on the third smack.
A job made much easier thanks to all you folks on this forum.
Nice to meet ya. Cam.

You cant get any better than the OTEC billet covers. They are billet aluminum to OEM specifications and then add the clear side covers for that special BLING!!!:punk::punk::punk:

As to pro's and con's....Only positive reviews here since they are direct replacements. They come in aluminum and black anodised. I know several people who have polished the aluminum too for an awesome show. Now I need to figure out what to do with the clutch to make it stand out more. To chrome or powdercoat the spring is thy question....

Nothing negitive about this covers except for the hole they left in my pocket!

Exactrep has a winter special going on right now with the entire 4 clear covers at a great savings....

Hi vmax2 I like the covers, is there any pros cons about them.

They are much nicer then our covers but of course a bit more expensive lol.

I'm starting to take the goodies off the engine. Air box, Carbs etc, to replace the pencil case rubbers.
Keen on a morleys afterwards

They are much nicer then our covers but of course a bit more expensive lol.

you have some nice stuff sean, don't sell yourself short.

are the otec covers remanfuactured stock ones or do they have their own blanks. creating your own blanks HAS to get expensive if thats the case.

Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to look into these but I think my next bling will be this just gotta figure where between either the waterpump or middle gear cover
3u2y3u3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5✨

Damn, looks like I'm gonna have to look into these but I think my next bling will be this just gotta figure where between either the waterpump or middle gear cover
3u2y3u3y.jpg

I haven't seen any for the Vmax yet, only HD's
A while back, I photoshopped a Vmax to see how it would look :)

infinitycasecovers.jpg

I'm still loving my Morley clear covers though :punk:

colorclearcovers.jpg

p1040202.jpg

p1040204j.jpg

I found an instructable for the infinity thingies. Not too terrible, actually. Once my stuff is all running, I might see if I can collect the parts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back