What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change lights rear brake and running to leds and install blues lights around my running motion brake light...

Attachments

• P1040465.JPG
    P1040465.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 39
  • P1040462.JPG
    P1040462.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 41
  • P1040464.JPG
    P1040464.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 39
Are those the 9" carbon ovals? If so I have them and I'm very pleased with them. Check the baffel screws from time to time.

Yeah mate they are, baffles...haha not going in leecifer
Will be fitting this this arvo after work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. With the baffles in is a bit more of a bass sound and less treble. I might take mine out for thunder in the valley.

Sounds good. With the baffles in is a bit more of a bass sound and less treble. I might take mine out for thunder in the valley.

That would be a good opportunity to do comparison vids.
I know that even something as simple as wrapping can make a big difference in sound coming from the pipes. Removing the baffles completely should make for a huge change in sound! (tone and volume both)

Might put the baffles in if its gonna make it deeper, they go in from the back right? Need to take the cans off the fit them?

Baffles in boys
http://youtu.be/4AhJotnSH5k

Much better imo

I don't know... kinda has more of a bark without the baffles I think.

Best judge I'd say is if there is any performance difference between the two

As for myself, I found a real nice travel bag that would go nicely on my luggage rack. Perfect for my trip this summer

Went and bought a few things. A new Memphis Shades Malibu windshield. Lights which will be my new front turn signals & running lights, and a travel bag that straps to the back rest. Also ordered the Vista Cruise, which I shall have with any luck on Friday.

The very first steps of Project: TourMax have been taken!

This is the bag I bought. Normally goes for $260, but I got it for just a hair over $60.

10363755_10203189691518475_6128127712231164351_n.jpg

10301127_10203189691918485_3340273379334058662_n.jpg

Install new led head light bulb, I have not check it at night yet. Low seem a little but low install - bulbs side by side hook up to the battery seems brighter. High is very brighter... I pick them up off of amazon.com

The amp draw is a lot lower than the stock type bulbs. Most of my lights are leds now. My volts now with all lights brake light and the fan running - 14.3..

I made this little rod tool for my stock shocks adjustments...

When I bought the bike a few years ago half the exhaust packing was gone towards the head pipe. I had some exhaust rap light over so I used it to rap my baffle I was shock to see still intact.. I bought 60 feet header rap off amazon.

Attachments

• vmax front bulb.jpg
    vmax front bulb.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 26
  • vmax front bulb 2.jpg
    vmax front bulb 2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 26
  • vmax kerer exhaust baffle rap.jpg
    vmax kerer exhaust baffle rap.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 29
  • vmax shock tool.jpg
    vmax shock tool.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
My current changes, within the last week. New taillight turn sign combo(LED), sport bike handle bars, D3 grips, and installed vibernator... Kinda pissed ended up cracking my top clamp when I was tightening it. Then ripped my new thottle grip. Tried to use lithum spray to lube it, still fought like hell.. Well maybe next week. It will be straight...About the only things left is better headlight bulb, currently running dual lights, Jet kit, and highway pegs...For not putting money into the bike in the past, I have caught up quick this year....Just as long as my wife doesn't know I'm good....lol

Back