What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AoktVks.jpg

First time carving foam. After I'm satisfied I'll fiberglass it!

Silverado6x6:

Better check the zoning code for FL wherever you choose to begin business. Start here if you're looking in the Orange County FL area: https://www.municode.com/library/fl...deId=ORCOCO_CH38ZO_ARTIVZODIESZOMA_S38-77USTA

Ask for a zoning determination letter (ZDL) from the municipality or the county if it's unincorporated. Be aware you may not be able to use the space you find for your intended use(es). Don't think you can get permitted for one thing and do whatever you want. Speak to the local government, get the ZDL. Be sure you have the necessary permits, inspections, and other paperwork to avoid not being able to do exactly what you want. Normally, a landlord will provide you with a list of permitted uses according to the local government, but get the ZDL to ensure your uses are allowed. There are separate permits and inspections for things like 'hot work' (oxy/acetylene use, or other welding/cutting) , wrecking yard operation, vehicle repairs, paint booth, etc. Be sure you get recognition and approval for all uses for the location you find.

What's called elsewhere a 'business license' is called a 'business tax receipt' in FL.

Sounds like too much of a hassle, will look elsewhere.

Unfortunately, FL has surpassed NY as the 3rd most-populous state after CA & TX. With that comes regulation. Unless you decided to have a largely internet-based business and were able to locate in one of the more-rural areas of FL (there are plenty of those) where there wasn't a city, just a county government, then you are going to find the regulation of businesses is the law of the land. Anywhere you go, you need to ensure that your business plan is going to be allowed by the local authority having jurisdiction. Get it in writing before you spend any $$$ on a lease or property purchase, and don't rely on a landlord to provide you with the most up-to-date info.

Sounds like too much of a hassle, will look elsewhere.

Unfortunately, FL has surpassed NY as the 3rd most-populous state after CA & TX. With that comes regulation. Unless you decided to have a largely internet-based business and were able to locate in one of the more-rural areas of FL (there are plenty of those) where there wasn't a city, just a county government, then you are going to find the regulation of businesses is the law of the land. Anywhere you go, you need to ensure that your business plan is going to be allowed by the local authority having jurisdiction. Get it in writing before you spend any $$$ on a lease or property purchase, and don't rely on a landlord to provide you with the most up-to-date info.

Florida has surpassed NY because of NY. People are leaving in droves. NY can write a text book on how to crush and destroy small business:bang head:
I looked into starting up a small business in NY. No way. With the paper work, fees, Insurance. Inspections. I couldn't even hire my own son without workers comp. I just wanted to earn a few bucks, on a part time basis. They force you to go big just to cover the cost of doing business.

Just got my Rear Fender back from being painted Hunter Green.
Now I have to decide if I like it enough to keep it this color or
if I want to go with a bit Darker Green.

I'm leaning towards keeping this color because it seems to go from a lighter shade of Green in direct sunlight to a very dark Green in the shade.

Attachments

• DSCF5325.jpg
    DSCF5325.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF5328.jpg
    DSCF5328.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 21
^ Yeah but since I'm getting it painted for free, I figured the simpler the better.
I was going back and forth between dark green and a charcoal grey.
And a friend/neighbor had this Hunter Green paint left from a car he painted last year that I liked and sprayed it for me so I could decide if I like it enough to paint all the body parts this color.

If I'm happy with it, he'll spray my faux tank and front fender this color and it won't cost me a dime.

^ That's the plan !!!
I hope to have it back on the road by May or so when the weather breaks for good.

Good to hear Dennis, I'm sure you are more than ready!:punk:
You can't beat that deal on paint and the spraying too! I had to pay for the paint but I helped a buddy build his pole barn/ shop for the paint work. Nobody knew how to lay out windows and doors, I kinda half remembered my time on a framing crew back when I was 18/19 so I was voted the lead as nobody else had a clue what to do. But for doing that he painted up Redbone and did a pretty nice job too! That was 2008 and Redbone still wears the paint pretty well. I hope yours holds up as well as mine has!

What started out as a small cough through cylinder 2 carb has morphed into a week long project. Here is my mind at work: I started out removing the carbs so I could clean them in the crock pot. I had already tried the shooter and the shotgun with no improvement. Once the carbs were off I got with Sean and had him send me as him kit so I could adjust my valves. While waiting for the shim kit I them decided to replace my swing arm with one I had braced and notched through Sean. When I removed my rear tire I found the dust seal was missing a chunk out of it so called Sean, again and he promptly added a hub to my box and put it all in the mail. While waiting, I found my solid motor mounts in a box and decided to get those in stalled. My box from Sean arrived Monday and I am currently working on the valves. Hopefully it will be on the road by this weekend. All this is being done while I recover from knee surgery so no lost riding time.

Lastly a question, file-sharing my valves I realized I screwed it up the first time and was using SAE measurements and the scale in the manual is metric measurements. After being thankful my motor didn't implode, my thoughts go to how .such power was I looking due to improper valve Clarence s? I know the question is relative and not easily answered but just a guess?

Interesting site that Revzilla sent me. It has bike fitment which shows how you & a passenger look or fit on a bike.. Pretty close...

http://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...utm_campaign=20150321_common_tread_digest_#64

I looked up most of the bikes I have rode to see if its correct. Oh and I got in packing for my UFO meaphone and and new bike cover from Dennis Kirk last night.. Hopefully have time to do some stuff to it this weekend, while I wait for muscle jet kit to arrive....

That would be a good research tool for a new owner. I sat on a FZ09 the other day which felt like a toy in comparison to my Vmax. It would be interesting to ride one to see how the ergonomics play out.

The only fault I see with this is that it does not take into consideration the weight of a rider. There will be a certain amount of sag in the suspension, depending on the rider. These motorcycle companies set up the bikes around the average adult male, and when you are short and rather light, some bikes that the simulator says I could flat foot, such as the Triumph Speed Triple, I would not be able to get it off the sidestand while sitting on it. My legs just are not long enough, and my body does not have enough weight to it to compress the suspension as much as a heavier rider would.

Not troubled w/that here!:biglaugh:
images

The only fault I see with this is that it does not take into consideration the weight of a rider. There will be a certain amount of sag in the suspension, depending on the rider. These motorcycle companies set up the bikes around the average adult male, and when you are short and rather light, some bikes that the simulator says I could flat foot, such as the Triumph Speed Triple, I would not be able to get it off the sidestand while sitting on it. My legs just are not long enough, and my body does not have enough weight to it to compress the suspension as much as a heavier rider would.

That would be a good research tool for a new owner. I sat on a FZ09 the other day which felt like a toy in comparison to my Vmax. It would be interesting to ride one to see how the ergonomics play out.

I picked up one this year it's like riding a dirt bike or motard it's a fun little bike very easy to throw around its a great little motor but a bit anemic compared to the Max and the seat is very firm.

Started sanding on the engine in my 85 to get ready for paint can't wait to get it done. The inside of my tank looks nice now to.

Attachments

• 20150326_185018.jpg
    20150326_185018.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20150326_185111.jpg
    20150326_185111.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150326_184958.jpg
    20150326_184958.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 21
Not troubled w/that here!:biglaugh:
images
I just got a leather shirt in the mail, its similar to the Xelement version but just a bit lighter, the Leatherup version is heavier, more like a light jacket, but it looks like a combination of all winter idleness and my shoulder work outs has increased my size, so i cannot wear XL shirts.
So just a bit ago i bought another one, this one is 2XL.
My leather pants should be in monday, they are 38x34, they better fit!

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
Back