What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad your ok Tex it could have been much worse as you know. Hope you did not mess up my pretty paint.lol

Surprisingly, none of the paint work got touched. Well I guess I did scrape some gloss black of the crash bars when they did their job.

Thanks for all the well wishes all. Ordered replacement parts last night, going to head home and wash the bike and thoroughly inspect it.

Cleaned her up and took inventory of damages. It looks like my initial assessment was dead on. My one pipe has a scratch on it, but it looks like it will buff out. I have been planning to polish both pipes, guess I will just have to go ahead and get to it. As you can see from the attached photos, the bike faired VERY well all things considered. New mirror is on the way, along with a replacement CBR tailight, a new trailer light (has had 4 LEDs out for a long time but since I have to replace the CBR tailight I might as well do both at the same time), and a new visor for my helmet with a blue mirror finish (wasn't a huge fan of the silver mirror one I had anyway).

Definitely a bit sore today, but it didn't keep me from getting up at 0530 to get started on todays tasks. Now off to hang two new ceiling fans!

Attachments

• DSC_0361.jpg
    DSC_0361.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC_0362.jpg
    DSC_0362.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 31
Good to hear you are ok, tough bike! If this had happened on a newer plastic bike, well we can only imagine.
Makes me kinda sad, just got a serious buyer for my 85, will drive in from Anchorage wednesday to see it, but hopefully i can get another one in Oz someday.

I rode the hell out of my bike today. I went and met up with Steve O on Cape Cod and we went on what can only be described as an unbelievable ride on a perfect day. A big thanks to Steve not only for the ride but he made a few adjustments to my carbs and my max is running great, better than great. About 300 miles round trip.

I rode the hell out of my bike today. I went and met up with Steve O on Cape Cod and we went on what can only be described as an unbelievable ride on a perfect day. A big thanks to Steve not only for the ride but he made a few adjustments to my carbs and my max is running great, better than great. About 300 miles round trip.
Nice, It's always great to ride with other Vmax riders !!!

Same here Christian. It was one of those special riding days where you never want to park it. I had a great time with good company. After I saw you to the bridge, I was tempted to go right by my exit on the way home. My own bike ran as well as it ever has. Of course I did more than one thing to it at a time. But, when the sync is spot on it makes a big difference. My Map sensor line was changed out. It was cracked. I also ditched the filter, which was partially clogged, and did a complete shotgun on mine. It's roaring on the top end.

Ain't done much today, other than go for a short ride to take care of some things, and completed another challenge in the Motorcycle Picture Challenge in another forum.

Thats something we should do here. We should have a V-Max picture Challenge in this forum. I think it would be fun!

Today, I marked my first 1000 miles on my VMAX. I got it two weeks ago! Over this time, I have met the monkey, and it is squarely home in my head...progressive springs and ebc brake pads this past weekend...led headlight bulb on order.... Checking out this (most awesome) forum for more ideas... My VMAX is a blast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, I marked my first 1000 miles on my VMAX. I got it two weeks ago! Over this time, I have met the monkey, and it is squarely home in my head...progressive springs and ebc brake pads this past weekend...led headlight bulb on order.... Checking out this (most awesome) forum for more ideas... My VMAX is a blast...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get to know the monkey and embrace him. Most of us are on a first name basis with him.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Today first real ride with the Slipstream Viper windshield, I had to secure the bottom with a couple zip ties through 0.25" holes and it's stable now, I'm no longer a sail on the bike. The HPM highway peg brackets are awesome. I got some used HD pegs off Ebay and carved off the HD part. It's pretty much perfectly positioned for my height. The 145 jets allow perfect drivability but I might try to go to the 147.5 or move the needles out a notch as I suspect it's slightly lean, it's a touch lazy until fully warm.

I headed up behind Hill City, Custer, through Custer st park to Hermosa and onto 79 back into Rapid. In all that distance I only had to pass a handful of HDs and a couple RVs, the park was essentially empty and it was an amazing cruise through stunning scenery with sweet curvy country roads. The Sturgis rally has completely past and the last of the tourists are on their way out. If anyone reading has ever wanted to ride the Black Hills, now is the time to come!

Bike felt fantastic, life is great, EFF YEA!!

Raced my buddys Harley Rocker on the way into work thru our industrial park, half throttle and 2 gears was all it took for him to understand he'd never win, lol.

Back