What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put on a new "Full Bore" 180 Tyre (tire) and that gave me the perfect opportunity to mount my Venture final drive, gave it a coat of 2 pack silver paint.
What a difference to the gearing now, much better:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0357 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0357 (Small).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 25
Rode to Muenster, TX (a small German town/community) from Dallas for some German food. Had some guys from Germany here and wanted to show them what Tex-Ger food was like. Covered 207+ miles. It was only 98 degrees today...

There were two Maxes, an FJR1300, Kawasaki Drifter and an R1. The German guests were in a car obviously.

Made me a bracket for my IPod Ram Mount.
I originally ordered the the standard Ram Mount, which comes with a 1" ball. It was waaaaayy too Big. Damn thing looked like another handle bar mounted on my Max.
So I returned the 1" stuff and got their .56" ball. Cept the problem was they have no handle bar mount for the .56".
So I got their 1/4" female ball stud mount with a 3" arm and IPod cradle.
Then I went to ACE and got me a 1/4 inch bracket, got the 3" air cutter out and started carving out a bracket. Ground it into shape with the bench grinder. Painted it black.
And Wallahhh!!!

Attachments

• rammt1.jpg
    rammt1.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 26
  • rammt2.jpg
    rammt2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 25
  • rammt3.jpg
    rammt3.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 25
  • rammt4.jpg
    rammt4.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 23
  • rammt5.jpg
    rammt5.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 32
Polishing wheels today,,,,,bla,,,,got one side of front and rear on the easy side..........

Enlighten me ....
It`s in the carb tuning thread under equalize vacume
We got 5/16 od. 3 1/6 id, hose and unplugged all of the vacume ports and connected them together and ran a hose from a "T" in the middle to the vacume sensor.
It helps with offidle throttle response and smoothens out the idle.
Most of us have done it already and have gotten good results with it.
Check it out, I posted a diagram on how to connect it in the thread.
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

Raised the forks in the trees 1/2". Went for a ride with 4 H-D riders up to Brady' Bend. Did a bit over 100 miles for the day. Very hot and humid. Stickiest day in PA this year.

I don't know if it's just because I was expecting it to do something or what, but the front end felt a bit more stable after raising the forks in the trees. Like the bars had less "twitch" while going over bumps. Could just be placebo effect?

Started detailing my bike for the show on the night of the 21st. Pulled my bellypan to mount the 2 - 12" LED strips, started wiring up the LED's after placing and trimming the wiring.

Ordered new back tire, cause the stocker is about to get fried at the burnout contest at the car/bike show.

Going out to pick out a slide from one of my carbs just to see if they are stock or not and, also to take a look at the jets.carbs are loading when I am riding around 25-35 mph so.
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

My throttle rocker arrived yesterday so since it was raining and I couldn't ride I slapped it onto the the throttle.... exciting, I know. . . . .

Wnet for a 230 mile road trip to Delta Junction. Stopped off at Delta meats where we feasted on Elk, Yak, and Buffalo.

Washed it down with a couple of 7up's and came back to Fairbanks.

The weather was nice at the start, then the temps dropped to a cloudy upper 40's low 50's.

All and all it was sweet.

Rode to work today, and barely made it, it's backfiring like crazy! Added Seafoam, checked airbox, and now I wait to try and get home.

Installed new shocks. Progressive 412's Stock shock was leaking and $500++ ( for the 440's is too rich for my wallet having just bought a new 75 gal water heater and a Great Dane puppy :eusa_dance:

got my levers! And they don't fit!

3815567455_4f08f58893_b.jpg

Back