What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the one in the tool kit....seems like any others have walls too thick to fit in the recess.

YES! i have yet to find one tha twill work so i can torque properly, tool kit one works great...

general rule of thumb for toqure that i read was

1/4 turn for old plugs (crush washer already crushed) 1/3 - 1/2 turn for new plugs ONCE the plug barely touches the head.

Rubber shmubber, stuff a third of an old paper towel in a regular socket and it's GTG.

More chrome fasteners today, another $40 at King Bolt. Sigh.

Does this one have a rubber grommet to protect the porcelyn FW?

Negative on the rubber grommet. I find I have a better feel without the rubber inserts. You could always stuff some rubber in it if ya need too. I use a 3" extension and my Mac floppy headed ratchet, once it's backed off a turn or so, you can usually turn them out by hand. Installation is easy too, turn in by hand till it stops, 1/8 to 1/4 turn with the ratchet, done deal. If your threads are buggered up too much to finger the plug in, clean them up with a thread chaser. Best to do it cold too, aluminum head might strip if you take them out hot. I've never had it happen, but that's what the factories all say.

Too damn nice today, After watering the plants and the yard I washed my truck and the max.

Then went out for a couple-three hour ride. The skys turned black and the thunder started to roll as I was riding up my street to return home.

I got some good video from the helmet cam, I'll post when I get it edited and up on youtube.

Attachments

• Ram_Max1.jpg
    Ram_Max1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Ram_Max2.jpg
    Ram_Max2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 32
Too damn nice today, After watering the plants and the yard I washed my truck and the max.

Then went out for a couple-three hour ride. The skys turned black and the thunder started to roll as I was riding up my street to return home.

I got some good video from the helmet cam, I'll post when I get it edited and up on youtube.
The truck and Vmax are looking good KJ! glad somebody had some good weather to ride in today!
Brother and I took a quick ride in a heavy mist for a bite to eat after building my brother a work bench in his garage. :thumbs up:

Looking great KJ!! :thumbs up:

I can't look at the pics too long...even a PICTURE of the sun hurts my eyes!! :coolgleamA: Haven't seen it here for days!!

In fact the county is currently under a Nat'l Service flood warning!!

I knew I shouldda bought a Glastron!! :bang head:

new tail light

since this is the view I show most my friends I thought I would make it nicer lol.:rocket bike:

picture.php
picture.php

It is a motorcycle mods tail light. I liked there kit enough and it was already made up. Except for a little grinding on the plate bracket and different lock nuts they didn't include it was a piece of cake. Oh yeah a diode to work with my other led brake light. I have been rear ended before on a bike I want people to see me.

looks nice man. i really like their kit... definitely on the list, only problem is certain shops won't give an inspection sticker if there isn't a WHITE light lighting up the plate.

looks nice man. i really like their kit... definitely on the list, only problem is certain shops won't give an inspection sticker if there isn't a WHITE light lighting up the plate.

What is this "inspection sticker"? :p

Fortunately here in CA, once you're good, you're good. Hell I've been riding without plates all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back