What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks nice man. i really like their kit... definitely on the list, only problem is certain shops won't give an inspection sticker if there isn't a WHITE light lighting up the plate.

Garrett-Replace your top plate bolts with these...you'll be totally legal.

Bring your wires up thru the fender to the harness....piece of cake!!

Give the PO--lice a big toothy smile on the way by!! :biglaugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270390813967&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

oh cool danny! i could always install it and if they give me trouble get a kit of those. what do u do splice them into the running lights on the brake light?

Those are slic..If I ever get a ticket because I only have a Red light on my plate I will get those for sure.

I got pulled over and the cop said your plate is supposed to be lighted, I turned the key on, on came the little LED's, cop handed back my license said "have a nice day!!" (This was during the day...of course, but they throw an amazing amount of light at night.)

Garrett-Black to the groung circuit which is black on the bike, Red to the running light circuit which is blue on the bike.

2Stangs...those Holeshots may draw you some unwanted attention all by themselves!! Maybe save yourself some aggrevation and $'s by getting the plate lights now. They're very simple to wire up, I'd be glad to help if you have questions.

Wow, great upgrade! I put a Stebel Nautilus compact air horn on the max last week. I tell you what....even though you are ready when you push the horn button it still makes you jump. It's pretty impressive when the 139 dB horn is louder than my bike with open headers.

Here are some pics. I used the hot horn wire to trigger the relay and the horn button wire for the coil ground. Removed "H" manifold cover and used one of the holes to mount zig-zag bracket and horn. It took longest to route the wires to horn because I wanted them hidden.

Here you can see horn wires I used for coil side of relay.
Airhorn001Large.jpg

Airhorn003Large.jpg

Here's my bracket.
Airhorn004Large.jpg

Airhorn005Large.jpg

Relays are on right side just above battery. I used 12 gauge wiring for horn side of relay. I soldered all connections and used heat shrink.
Airhorn006Large.jpg

That's really cool Mark-o!! Man, they're gonna work real hard to get away from whatever is making that awful noise...by the time they figure out it's "only a motorcycle" you'll be safely on your way!!

Very smart mod!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: (3 thumbs up)

dan-o

Nice Job Mark! The pip squeek stock horn just dont do the job do they. If you honk, everyone thinks a moped is honking at them with those pos.

I used the same kind of horn and mounted it onto the crossover bracket for the center stand that was removed. Then wired the relay behind the left scoop into the stock horn button.

I got pulled over and the cop said your plate is supposed to be lighted, I turned the key on, on came the little LED's, cop handed back my license said "have a nice day!!" (This was during the day...of course, but they throw an amazing amount of light at night.)

Garrett-Black to the groung circuit which is black on the bike, Red to the running light circuit which is blue on the bike.

2Stangs...those Holeshots may draw you some unwanted attention all by themselves!! Maybe save yourself some aggrevation and $'s by getting the plate lights now. They're very simple to wire up, I'd be glad to help if you have questions.

Thanks for the info do you think just one will do it ? or would that look funny? My holeshots are not that bad I have had them on for a few years now with no issues :eusa_dance:

Hey Mark,
That is so cool, I can`t wait to get my bike running so I can get one.
When Bob(noxx72) came over, he let me hear his air horn and it sounded like a damn locomotive was in my carport !!! :biglaugh:
The neighbors asked me later if that was my bike and I just told them "soon enough" LOL.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>:punk:

Today I took the carbs off again and the manifolds only to find that the v-boost boots were cut and sealed with silicone, the upper manifold alan bolts were too short and oil was leaking into the cylinders, silicone was also used to seal the manifolds around the "o" rings so, I just took it all apart and cleaned it all up, ordered new boots yesterday for the v-boost manifolds. ( saw bent clamps and the boots were cut from the P.O. prying at the carbs) figured I would need them anyway.
Hopfully this will be the last time I have to take this damn thing apart although, I should have done this in the first place.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:
I`m getting new "O" rings tomorrow but I`ll have to wait till Tuesday for the boots before I can put it back together again.:bang head:

Thanks for the info do you think just one will do it ? or would that look funny? My holeshots are not that bad I have had them on for a few years now with no issues :eusa_dance:

Don't know about using just one of them, they come in pairs so you could try one and see how it looks. They really aren't noticeable at all so it should work just fine.

Good to hear the Holeshots haven't caused issues with the "locals."

Nice looking Corbin BTW!! :thumbs up:

Today I took the carbs off again and the manifolds only to find that the v-boost boots were cut and sealed with silicone, the upper manifold alan bolts were too short and oil was leaking into the cylinders, silicone was also used to seal the manifolds around the "o" rings so, I just took it all apart and cleaned it all up, ordered new boots yesterday for the v-boost manifolds. ( saw bent clamps and the boots were cut from the P.O. prying at the carbs) figured I would need them anyway.
Hopfully this will be the last time I have to take this damn thing apart although, I should have done this in the first place.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:
I`m getting new "O" rings tomorrow but I`ll have to wait till Tuesday for the boots before I can put it back together again.:bang head:

The front left outer bolt and right rear outer bolt both go into the passage where the head stud is and may leak oil if not sealed. These bolts are also shorter since they wanted to keep from binding into the nut that holds your head on.

Sean

The front left outer bolt and right rear outer bolt both go into the passage where the head stud is and may leak oil if not sealed. These bolts are also shorter since they wanted to keep from binding into the nut that holds your head on.

Sean
So, Do I just use some thread kock th(lock tite) to seal them when I put them back on ?? or teflon tape ??
<<Dave>>:ummm:

Hey Mark, Looks good! I've had the mini Stebel horn on my SV1000S hidden under the fairing for the last couple of years... Needless to say... It scares the SHIT out of people... lol

It's STUPID loud... I love it.

Chris

I normally don't use anthing unless the area leaks then you can use silicon or a thread sealant. The hardest part is getting the area clean. It will drain oil out until that cavity gets cleared up so keep that in mind. I want to say the cavity is a couple of ounces anyway. That's only one reason why you can get more oil in a new engine then you can at an oil change.

Sean

Today I got a raiser extension in the mail that I nabbed off of ebay, essentially someone cut the face and first inch off the stock riser, and machined a spacer between that and the body to match thats about 4" overall. Brings the bars up and back about 2" each.

I went ahead and wrestled it on, it's not bad for a g-job, and will certainly make my life more comfortable until I buy a full handlebar set and machine a new upper triple. Some things seemed like they were just an nth out tho, definitely had to use plenty of ant-seize and really lay on the wrench to get it to suck up properly.

I'll ride it tonight and see how it holds up, feels great from the seat atm, just enough to put a little bend in my elbows.

Rearsets!
Wow I like this a lot, I'm up high on a Corbin seat and now my weight isn't on my tailbone, but rather over my ankles.
They were pricey (Boxenstopp) but the fit and finish on them is top-notch. Now this bike feels fantastic compared to stock!

Was planning to ride to work any way, but havein no gas in the Mustang, no gas in the Trailblazer and no gas in the wife's car and almsot no cash till payday (thursday) pretty much made it necessary, so i start up this morning and you guessed it, low fuel light came on, just chuckeled to myself and rode off to work.

Was planning to ride to work any way, but havein no gas in the Mustang, no gas in the Trailblazer and no gas in the wife's car and almsot no cash till payday (thursday) pretty much made it necessary, so i start up this morning and you guessed it, low fuel light came on, just chuckeled to myself and rode off to work.
I keep a full 1 gallon gas can in the shed for the lawnmower and moments like that LOL.

Just in from a ride with the new riser block. Very cruiser-ish, very just so. My only beef is that it looks, well..... terrible. Nevertheless they put my hands in a very comfy spot until I can spring for some triple c's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back