What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got pix?? :)

That jacket's sharp man. What type of boots are you looking at getting?

Pics will be coming after this weekend, so I can show of my new stuff. :biglaugh: As far as the boots go....what is the verdict on the Xelement boots? I saw a couple styles the have that I liked. I am still lookng for something with a beefy sole(w/ support) and made out of leather. Any suggestions would be welcome.:thumbs up:

Are you in to harness style boots at all?

Attachments

• Milwaukee Mens Drag Harness.jpg
    Milwaukee Mens Drag Harness.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5
Cripes man. And if I remember right, you don't have a lot of miles on this one at all, huh. You obviously have the patience of Job, brother. I hope it all pays off for you.

..... and SOON!

I have a half mile on the front one before noticing it doesn't fit at all right...:bang head:

The back has about 200 on it...:thumbs up:

Last edited:
I half a half mile on the front one before noticing it doesn't fit at all right...:bang head:

The back has about 200 on it...:thumbs up:

But your Max doesn't have too many miles on it though, right? (For some reason I was thinking you only had a couple thousand on that bike.)

Gosh... A lot!!!! :bang head:

Just the wheel issues or the whole thing?:ummm:

Just the wheels I must have 15 hours into it... A lot of $$$$ though... A lot! I spent 1100 dollars on a wheel from UFO (Jon Cornel) and sold it (brand new) for 690.00 after Paypal fee's...:bang head: This doesn't include the shipping of the bad UFO wheel back to him... Carrozzeria has paid for EVERYTHING! Shipping back and forth. They are a good company and I do recommend them! I however DO NOT recommend modifying a Vmax unless you have A LOT of patients and another bike to ride.

I started this in December of '06 right after Christmas... I am still F'ing with it...:bang head:

And that's why I just rather ride mine as is.
Sorry about your luck, or lack of it, 4Gasem.

Last edited:
But your Max doesn't have too many miles on it though, right? (For some reason I was thinking you only had a couple thousand on that bike.)

Just over 1600...

But I DO have two bikes so it isn't THAT big of a deal...

Believe it or not... I like my other bike MUCH more!:whistlin: :thumbs up:

I have something against the Vmax that I can't put a finger on...:confused2:

been teaching the ole lady to ride her own, she's on an 02 suzuki marauder for now. she's got an 89 max but just started riding this summer. i took the 97 and we went to one of the local harley dealers to spoil the show! i love to show up at these harley events and have more people checking out the max than the harleys. sometimes i wonder how many guys change their minds about buying a harley after seeing the vmax? didnt think they would let me enter it in the show, i should have! spent most of the day talking about the clear covers on the bike. the whole ride was about 100 miles round trip and the weather couldnt have been better. 89 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.
later odieoh24

dropped the 97 off at the dealership to have the R1 front end i bought on e-bay installed. she'll be ready mid day tomorrow. cant wait to take it thru the notch to see how much time i pick up in the twisties!!! will have some new pics when i get it home.

later odieoh24

dropped the 97 off at the dealership to have the R1 front end i bought on e-bay installed. she'll be ready mid day tomorrow. cant wait to take it thru the notch to see how much time i pick up in the twisties!!! will have some new pics when i get it home.

later odieoh24

Keep us posted, can't wait to see the pictures!

Did you ever talk to Tom about the R1 speedo setup?

:cheers:

Neil

later odieoh24

Yeah, I definitely wanna see pics.

Adjusted the rears from 4 (that's where the dude from whom I bought it had them set) to 1. I like it much better that way. A bit softer ride. That's what I should have noticed, right? (I think Dude weighed about 220 lbs and I'm only about 185.)

I prefer my rebounds set at 1 when it's just me. My fiance' says she feels like she's being catapulted off the bike with them set at 1, so when we double up, I set them at 4. I weigh 270. She does not. :eusa_dance:

R1 FRONT END INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!! okay guys there are a few pics posted in the gallery under the new uploads. no thumbnails for some reason. sorry bout the darkness, i picked it up and just had to take it out for a ride. very impressed with the response in the corners and overall handling improvement. as with all mods i've done to date, nothing is bolt on. i'm gonna have to cut a small piece off the top of the right side radiator trim to allow the steering stem to reach the turn stop. very minor adjustment and almost doesnt need to be done. the headlight bezel, where the turn signals mount, will need to be ground down a little to allow it to fit. its up on the 2x4 in the pics cause the shortened stand isnt finished. bike is significantly lowered and without the shorter stand there is a real danger of it tipping over. maybe itll be done tomorrow. had to remove the belly pan also. its for sale $75+s&h. few scratches on bottom, but unless youre under the bike, you cant see them. otherwise excellent condition. this thing rocks now. if you got some extra cash laying around, i would recommend this mod. but then again i pretty much cant stop the sickness. im still willing to work 60+ hours a week until its finished.

08/11/07...

Sat around and wished I had my engine painted already and everything together, so, I could install my HMF that came yesterday after only 9 weeks of waiting :whistlin:

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• hmf_package.jpg
    hmf_package.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
Finally did the Furbur Fix on the steering head assembly. Didn't re-use the rubber washer though, I replaced it for an aluminium washer.

Well worth it. The handling improvement is obvious especially through corners. The bike now feels solid even over rough surfaces in the corners and high speed running is firm and straight.

Should have done this simple mod immediately.

Met a guy from Sault Sainte Marie, Canada the other day. He has a 2002 V-Max and just recently put UFO pipes on his bike. Sounded tuff. I think I might go in that direction next month. Any body have any ideas or input on the UFO pipes?? Again they sounded GREAT ! :hmmm:

Met a guy from Sault Sainte Marie, Canada the other day. He has a 2002 V-Max and just recently put UFO pipes on his bike. Sounded tuff. I think I might go in that direction next month. Any body have any ideas or input on the UFO pipes?? Again they sounded GREAT ! :hmmm:

I wouldn't buy a thing from Jon Cornel at UFO. I lost so much money on a purchase I made with him... I won't go into details other than to say he tells you what you want to hear.

HMF is the same design (long story) so I would go that route. I have Dale Walkers holeshot system and it too is awesome! Got it within a week and it sounds great and Dale will talk to you and deal with you.:thumbs up:

Good luck!

I had two dogs run straight at me while i was going about 45 or 50 mph. I had to slam on the brakes, the rear tried to pass the front but i saved it. Then changed my underwear.

I had two dogs run straight at me while i was going about 45 or 50 mph. I had to slam on the brakes, the rear tried to pass the front but i saved it. Then changed my underwear.

CRIPES!!!! Glad you and the bike are alright bro.

not a v-max, but rode the bike to work today, even with the threat of rain.

going home to pick up the girl and headed to dinner on the bike, and maybe a quick jaunt down one of our very few "twisty" roads it has some 40 mph marked CURVES :bang head:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back