What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Metzeler 170/80/15, Installed today

Bolted right on, no washer swap needed.

The Radials will have to wait. :looser:

I dropped the needles down one and a half notches to try and resolve the Rich/poor mileage state that my bike has been in since I bought it a month ago.

fitted the rear turn signals via custom brackets under the mv agusta tailsection. was so easy i dont know why it took so long to get this done.

Attachments

• 092.JPG
    092.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 094.JPG
    094.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 093.JPG
    093.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 27
not a v-max, but rode the bike to work today, even with the threat of rain.

going home to pick up the girl and headed to dinner on the bike, and maybe a quick jaunt down one of our very few "twisty" roads it has some 40 mph marked CURVES :bang head:

40mph?? Those are sweepers in my book! :whistlin:

30 and below become fun IMHO.

fitted the rear turn signals via custom brackets under the mv agusta tailsection. was so easy i dont know why it took so long to get this done.

Did you think about making the tail lights into blinkers or is it a single bulb/light assembly? I set my SV up that way and love it... VERY clean.

thanks magnum ive got a ton of loot and time into this bike. every time i think im done i see something else i want. im getting ready to take a quick rip through the notch on the aprilia with a couple of friends. gotta take turns between it and the max's cause the ole lady isnt that good quite yet. plus we could get rain this weekend so i gotta take advantage of the weather while its good.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 24
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 27
thanks magnum ive got a ton of loot and time into this bike. every time i think im done i see something else i want. im getting ready to take a quick rip through the notch on the aprilia with a couple of friends. gotta take turns between it and the max's cause the ole lady isnt that good quite yet. plus we could get rain this weekend so i gotta take advantage of the weather while its good.

You read my mind. I was going to hit you up for more pics. Sweet collection Biggen. Are those LED signals in the scoops on the Max on the left? If so, that's way f'ing cool.

:cheers:

I got an email from Carrozzeria saying I should have the wheels on Monday...

I'm pretty sure the new wheel won't fit either but we'll see.

It really sucks that I have had so many issues modding this bike. I am hesitant to do anything else to it, as it's just to hard and takes WAY to long to get stuff done...:bang head:

At least I have the stock front wheel to fall back on...:thumbs up:

I just got back from a HS football game and you gotta love those jucy corn moths! Looks like I'll be giving the bike a good cleaning tomorrow. Is anyone in SE Iowa up for a ride?

hey magnum, yes those would be led turn signals mounted inside the scoops. that is my 97 max the blue one is going to the ole lady's and is an 89. here's a few more pics. dude do you realize how many pics i had to take to get the ones that show the signals lit?

odieoh24

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 10
Rear Shocks!

I'm going through the upgrade process so todays exploit were 12.5" rear 412 Progressive shocks. The original shocks had only 8k on them but hopefully the new ones will fix the skip on rough roads the originals had. By "skip" I mean when I'd accelerate hard on even just mildly rough road it would skip because it does not rebound fast enough. The originals were set to everything full soft but still did this. Otherwise they will just turn into a cosmetic change because they certainly look nicer. Only real problem is now the kickstand leaves the bike a little too upright. Maybe I can get the stand to bend a bit by forcing it over on it. I've already dropped the fronts 1.5" so I'll see how it handles this weekend when I drive it.

Re: Rear Shocks!

I can get the stand to bend a bit by forcing it over on it. I've already dropped the fronts 1.5" so I'll see how it handles this weekend when I drive it.

I recommend you NOT do that...:surprise:

Take it off cut it and reweld... Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

Mines dropped 2 inches front and 1.5 rear and I had to cut it and bend it slightly to work.

If you do bend it... Heat it till red first...

Had to park Max for the day. :( The battery went bad on me and the new one's being prep'd. I'll put it on the charger again after work for what I hope will the final charge. That'll mean that it only has about 5 hrs on the charger. Does that sound right? This is the first time I've had to mess with a new bike batt so I don't know and I've not had time to search the Forum for similar threads yet.

Late for a meeting. L8r y'all.

While testing Mr. Neil's carbs on my bike I changed my oil. I'm trying Shell Rotella 15W40. Seems okay so far.

Mark

Had to park Max for the day. :( The battery went bad on me and the new one's being prep'd. I'll put it on the charger again after work for what I hope will the final charge. That'll mean that it only has about 5 hrs on the charger. Does that sound right? This is the first time I've had to mess with a new bike batt so I don't know and I've not had time to search the Forum for similar threads yet.

Late for a meeting. L8r y'all.

Usually a couple of hours on a low amperage charger is all it takes... :confused2:

While testing Mr. Neil's carbs on my bike I changed my oil. I'm trying Shell Rotella 15W40. Seems okay so far.

Mark

Yeah I started using it this year after doing a lot of research on it... Good stuff!

I am going to start running their Rotella 5w40 in all my other vehicles... It is a TRUE synthetic and offers amazing results...:thumbs up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back