What does everyone wear for helmets?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Helmets

I have an ICON Domain Decay with black shield.

album.php

??? Okay how come that image isn't showing? ANy ideas?

Last edited:

I ride w/ a Scorpion EXO-700. I LOVE this helmet. Not much noise gets through and I've gotten 2 other people to buy them and they all comment how much they like it. My b/f rode w/ a Shoei and he won't go back to it now. The padding inside can be pretty tight the first couple times you wear it but it quickly molds to your face perfectly. I put on my b/f's helmet on (which is the same size) and it wouldn't fit my head cuz it made to your face. They've got sweet designs and the price is really good. The 700 series run $200-250 and they have higher and lower series.
C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp

Attachments

• exo-700-sinister-blk.jpg
    exo-700-sinister-blk.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 14

got a HJC LS air3 had it for years, use it sledding and put on a summer shield for the max, feels like a nicely warn in glove. also got a arai xd3, real nice, not broken in yet so little tighter, lots more noise but real light.

I got a Scorpian modular , EXO-900 . About $ 270.00 , DOT - ECE approved per their specs , nice in traffic , not as secure as I'd like , but like the features of the detachable peak visor , drop down sun visor and flip front modular at traffic lights and beats the half shell style hands down.

Attachments

• Scorpian EXO-900.jpg
    Scorpian EXO-900.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9

What I've noticed is that Shoei and Scorpion have the same fit and Arai and HJC have the same fit.

I have an Arai head so I tried on the HJC and it fits the same.

My next bucket will be the HJC I think.

Chris

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/flip_face_helmet_comparison/index.html

FYI: Modulars are quite a bit less safe than a true full face helmet. The chin bar is all but worthless in a wreck. It'll smash right in. It's been discussed on the internet somewhere with pics and all.

They also add weight and create more places for wind noise to enter.

Chris

i have to disagree. I took a header at about 60mph. with a nolan N100 i think, modular. faceshield and chinbar was scratched all to hell. In the ambulance we were able to finally open it with a little tugging. helmet held up great.
bought another.
i also have this caberg trip from exactrep. love it.
my opinion of course
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/in...rep.com/acatalog/catalogbody.html&CatalogBody

Helmets are definetly one of those things you need to try on in a store before you commit to buying one. Different brands tend to fit different head shapes. WebBikeWorld's reviews do a pretty good job of detailing this( like for a "globe", "oval" or "egg" shaped head) but it's still hard to tell.

My Icon helmet size L fits great once broken in, was a bit tight at first. I have a HJC helmet for the snowmobile, also a size L and the fit is totally different. Overall it's looser fitting, but for some reason squashes only my right ear. Kinda annoying. I also don't like how the shield is either fully open or fully closed...it doesn't ratchet up like the Icon's shield.

Dad and I both bought Shoei RF-1000's. We both had the cheap HJC's (less than $100) and both had problems with them pulling up and moving your head around at high speeds. I guess they would have been fine if you are not ambitious with the throttle (Isnt this a V-max website?) and you have a strong neck. The Shoei's have none of these problems and are alot lighter. We got ours at Competition Accessories online.

Re: Helmets REAR VIEW

Finally got my REAR VIEW helmet! It's amazing and awesome. Just like have a rear view mirror in your helmet between your eyes!

Reevu brings the benefits of its revolutionary rear view technology to the world of motorsports .It has taken 7 years of intense research and development to perfect the rear view system that is fitted into every Reevu helmet. The patented multiple mirror system that is fitted within every Reevu helmet is a unique achievement of creative thinking and technical excellence. The mirror system is manufactured from a reflective polycarbonate material rather than glass. Unlike glass, this material is almost impossible to break and is lighter, providing additional safety and comfort to the wearer. Put simply, this system effectively ‘bends’ the light around the shape of the head – all within the moulding of the helmet – to provide a clear view of the road behind. For OFF ROAD USE ONLY pending DOT approval in USA. Please check the website at Reevu.com
For more info: [email protected]
Orig. Price is $600, save 20% NOW $475
USA sales call 702-752-7741

Last edited:
Re: Helmets REAR VIEW

Finally got my REAR VIEW helmet! It's amazing and awesome. Just like have a rear view mirror in your helmet between your eyes!

Reevu brings the benefits of its revolutionary rear view technology to the world of motorsports .It has taken 7 years of intense research and development to perfect the rear view system that is fitted into every Reevu helmet. The patented multiple mirror system that is fitted within every Reevu helmet is a unique achievement of creative thinking and technical excellence. The mirror system is manufactured from a reflective polycarbonate material rather than glass. Unlike glass, this material is almost impossible to break and is lighter, providing additional safety and comfort to the wearer. Put simply, this system effectively ?bends? the light around the shape of the head ? all within the moulding of the helmet ? to provide a clear view of the road behind. For OFF ROAD USE ONLY pending DOT approval in USA. Please check the website at Reevu.com
For more info: [email protected]
Orig. Price is $600, save 20% NOW $475
USA sales call 702-752-7741

For that kind of money.......the mirrors on the handlebars work just fine.....

$0.02 deposited

I suppose if you're going to spring $500+ for a top shelf Shoei helmet anyway, this is a viable alternative in the same price range. It's kind of a neat feature, but honestly I don't find a quick glance into the handlebar mirrors that much of a nuisance or safety issue. Maybe moreso on sportbikes or the sport-tourers that are popular now require more of a "look down", but on my Max it's not a big deal.

And if you were really concerned, you could probably rig up one of those automotive back-up cameras and put a small screen on the handlebars for a better view.

Attachments

• 100_1163.jpg
    100_1163.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1164.jpg
    100_1164.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_1165.jpg
    100_1165.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_1167.jpg
    100_1167.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_1168.jpg
    100_1168.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1170.jpg
    100_1170.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1171.jpg
    100_1171.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_1172.jpg
    100_1172.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2

Well 2 months & 18 days after starting this thread my wife & i finally got our helmets,flat black scorpion exo's mine is plain & hers is the black dahlia version. We also bought a pair of riding jackets,a scorpion hat trick for me & a power trip for her(don't know the style) we went for a 120 mile ride today and so far we love them. I still like the feel and smell of leather better but I think this style is growing on me. I'll post pics as soon as the wife shows me how:bang head:

I just picked up an HJC FS-15 Copper Carbon Fiber on BikeBandit.com for $233 shipped. They are on closeout. I've been needing to upgrade from my CL-14 for about a year now, and this was the helmet I wanted last year when they first came out. Can't beat the price when they are marked over $400 on almost every other website that sells them, even amazon.

If anyone needs to order something on there, make sure to use the promotional code DUCATI123. It gives you 10% off your entire order and just saved me $24 on the helmet.

What kind of helmets does everyone use?My wife and i are buying new ones,but cant decide what to get. We like the kind where the face flips up but their not snell aproved so she isnt sure now. We're looking to spend about $300 apeice,any suggestions?Also does anyone have the flip up style&do you like them?

I have this modular from HD and love it..
Skull-Modular-Helmet.jpg

Back