What goes around comes around.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
After my post last week about somebody else having the misfortune of being on my bike when second gear let go..It comes back to me, only it WAS my fault.....

Michael Hansen loaned me his Busa to make the Bandera ride since my Max was down. Awesome machine and a real pleasure to ride the twisties on..Thanks again Mike.

We were going around a 90 degree corner, I was #2, a route change, the ride leader usually slows down and rolls about 15-20 mph and makes sure everybody is still with the group. We do it this way all the time. Well, he was jacking with his helmet strap and decided to stop at the same time I, Like a fucking dumb ass, was looking in the rear view mirror to try to count bikes and help out, instead of looking forward and watching him. Total dumb shit move on my part.

I looked forward just in time to see him stop, dodged left and clipped the left rear of his bike while moving about 5 mph. Niether one of us fell over, but his passenger peg I think it was put a gash in Michaels 'Busa on the right side panel. Going to have to fix or replace it, not sure which right now.....

I still feel like a heel for doing this since I haven't had an incident of any sort in 20 years except for a bike falling off an improperly deployed kick stand in my garage a few years back........

Now I know how the guy who was on my bike when it broke feels.....:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

I'd make damn sure that I was the one who paid for a "quality" repair of any damage I caused. If my friend tried to blow me off about paying for the repair; I'd insist, and follow up.

To top it off; I'd give him a "payback" (gift), to show my appreciation for him trusting me with his bike in the first place.............

Making it right should take care of any concerns he doesn't verbally express to you; because you'll have done the "right thing", and throughly resolved the problem.

Jester 42

Strange how life has a way of enlightening us. A few weeks ago, I fell while using a small ladder as a seat to work on a bike. One of the newer members here had brought his bike in the back of his truck to our Tech Day. Someone had put his needle and slide behind me. The needle was broken in my fall. CaptainKyle had one of his bikes there that was for sale and on his trailer. No one there had a replacement needle (Stage One) so I asked Kyle if I could steal one from his bike. Being the great guy that Kyle is he agreed. Both of us thought that the needle would be something we could easily find once we were home. Boy, did that turn into a Cluster F%$k. Sean Morley to the rescue.. I will never ask to steal a part from a good bike to fix a FU on my part again. It all worked out in the end and Kyle didn't shoot me but he had every right....:bang head::bang head::rofl_200::biglaugh:

Moral to this story, DON'T PUT PARTS BEHIND ME AND DON'T ROB PETER TO PAY PAUL....:sad2:

what kind of glasses do you use to read this text by special op & cop runner. my eye's, my eye's, my eye's. lol mike

i YEAH ' THAT SUCKS , BUT MAN , THAT COULD HAVE BEEN WAY WORSE ! . :punk:

+1. I learned the hard way to keep my eyes in the boat. Or on the road.

I was looking at the tachometer for the Vboost and ended up in a cable guard rail.. ouch

Strange how life has a way of enlightening us. A few weeks ago, I fell while using a small ladder as a seat to work on a bike. One of the newer members here had brought his bike in the back of his truck to our Tech Day. Someone had put his needle and slide behind me. The needle was broken in my fall. CaptainKyle had one of his bikes there that was for sale and on his trailer. No one there had a replacement needle (Stage One) so I asked Kyle if I could steal one from his bike. Being the great guy that Kyle is he agreed. Both of us thought that the needle would be something we could easily find once we were home. Boy, did that turn into a Cluster F%$k. Sean Morley to the rescue.. I will never ask to steal a part from a good bike to fix a FU on my part again. It all worked out in the end and Kyle didn't shoot me but he had every right....:bang head::bang head::rofl_200::biglaugh:

Moral to this story, DON'T PUT PARTS BEHIND ME AND DON'T ROB PETER TO PAY PAUL....:sad2:
i GOOD THING MY JACKET OR HELMET WEREN'T LAYING ON THE GROUND BEHIND YOU ! .. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 8
what kind of glasses do you use to read this text by special op & cop runner. my eye's, my eye's, my eye's. lol mike

Put the cursor on the text, left triple click and you will be able to read any text.

icon1.gif
Re: What goes around comes around.
Quote:

Put the cursor on the text, left triple click and you will be able to read any text.

works great. thanks

or hit the Ctrl+A keys all at once.

That will highlight the troubling text with a darker color.

I'd make damn sure that I was the one who paid for a "quality" repair of any damage I caused. If my friend tried to blow me off about paying for the repair; I'd insist, and follow up.

To top it off; I'd give him a "payback" (gift), to show my appreciation for him trusting me with his bike in the first place.............

Making it right should take care of any concerns he doesn't verbally express to you; because you'll have done the "right thing", and throughly resolved the problem.

Jester 42

Yes, Indeed...I'm already on a body panel hunt, getting prices etc........Already have a good painter, the one that did my bike....I've already decided he's getting new Tires and Brake pads before he gets it back. I'm going to find a new panel and have it painted and then swing by his place and install it....I've still got the bike at my place, he's out in West Texas for a while on an extended trip.....

I've done the same for others, 90% of the time if I borrow your trailer your gonna get it back with new tires if the ones that are on it are in the least questionable, which usually they are trailers being what they are, dry rot, flat spots etc.....

SpecOps, shame on you for not asking me for a spare needle. I know I have been feeling lousy after having my stomach removed but I could have pulled a needle out of my needle/jet box and put it in an envelope for you! Just remember me in the future and spare yourself anymore purple hearts!
PATMAX

PATMAX: All I could think about you was that you couldn't make it to the Tech Day because it was on a Saturday. You were missed.. Thanx for the furure offer of life saving parts. Ericc has found a bad wire that might possibly fix his problem. Wait N C, Fingers Crossed....:confused2:

Back