What is your job title

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am a Paramedic/ HSE tech contracted to an oil company in the Gulf of Mexico....and no..its not BP...lol. I was a Paramedic on an ambulance but got tired of making 9.52 an hour, so 5 years ago decided to go where there is more money. As an HSE tech (health, safety, and environment) I make certain that people comply with all of the rules and regulations set forth by the company and by OSHA.

Eric

Union laborer/foreman for a demo company in the Chicago area. Worked at some neat places (Jordan's house, sears tower, Blackstone hotel, saw the Dali lama at the Palmer House) and lots of shit holes.
At the Wrigley building right now. Historic building, but kind of an old shit hole right now.

Here we go I guess it's my turn, I am a police officer 22 years as I always said if you can't beat them join them lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Heres a shot of what we do here in the Diesel department at the Ford Stealership! Gotta love the new 6.4L's huh

DSCF0116.jpg

How long did it take to get to this point ? when you open the hood on a Ford diesel it looks like a road map of wires and hoses, how many radiators?

toolmaker for a plastic injection mold company. since we no longer build tools, more of a glorified pot washer. I / we fix things as they break or do small engineering changes. 17 yrs of this. with the last 4 being the worst. we actually got 32 hrs a week this year, it was 24 for almost 3 years. every other weekend my boss and I switch off, we get a four day weekend. this way they get to keep the toolroom open 5 days a week and his and my lost wages help pay for the lower paid production workers. :bang head: what scares us is the company is comfortable with this arrangement and we may never see 40 hrs again. the company never did enough investing in new equipment when things were good so now we suffer whenever a new customer comes through and we have no updated equipment to show them and then our existing cutomers seem to use us as a quoting service. no new tools this past year and only 1 last year.
sorry for the long reply but somtimes I have to vent.
later, bill

I recognize the Alexander Calder sculpture from your avatar! Do you work for Pfizer? I have a couple of high-school friends who are chemists and/or IT guys for them in the city the Upjohn family, Gibson guitars, and Checker Automobile Company made famous. I graduated from a WPA-era schoolhouse about a mile from the Gilmore Car Museum. Lotta nice country roads in your area. M-37 & M-43 are a couple of my favorites, around Yankee Springs.

I work at perrigo in Allegan. There is some good riding in Michigan just wish the winter was about 2 months shorter. :biglaugh:

Lee i thought you told me you are a ROCKSTAR.:punk: LOL.

I am a software consultant at a small software company in Reston, VA. We provide business process management software and I help implement it. I do a lot of solution architecture and design, which is rather cool, although lately I feel I could do my job with my eyes closed.I split my work 50/50 between federal and commercial clients.

Originally Posted by speedfreke
Heres a shot of what we do here in the Diesel department at the Ford Stealership! Gotta love the new 6.4L's huh

If i stoped by to check on my truck and you did this to it i wouldent care if this is what you had to do to fix it i would sell it. This is why i dont wrench anymore. We cant even justify buying a new car/truck anymore. and good luck working on your own shit. if you ask me i think buying new cars and trucks that most of us cant afford is what kills are bank account the most. hell you cant even buy a used car on a good deal anymore. even if your rich your still pissing money down the drain. Not that im bashing you in anyway. I think your a stand up guy for sticking in there and putting up with this bullshit. I hope you get to bill for all the hours you have into it. But if you do i feel bad for the customer. Good luck dude

DSCF0116.jpg

Here we go I guess it's my turn, I am a police officer 22 years as I always said if you can't beat them join them lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Same here also a police officer (retired now) from Chicago suburbs and last three years of service were with the Cook County Sheriffs Department in Chicago. Now moved to AZ and enjoying it. :biglaugh:

International Commercial LTL Transporting Engineer.

I double as Captain in the Air Force, Captain in rank and C-130 Hercules Captain as well...

Not sure if I posted here but according too my company I am a "Transportation Operator" , in my words a Railroad Engineer . Started under Conrail and now work for Norfolk Southern , 15 yrs. of a 100 plus hrs. a wk. but it has slowed down this yr. get too toot my own horn you could say and wake up people who live near the tracks. Getting ready too take some courses for the possibility to go to Japan and run High Speed Train's tired of hauling coal and freight for a living.

Not sure if I posted here but according too my company I am a "Transportation Operator" , in my words a Railroad Engineer . Started under Conrail and now work for Norfolk Southern , 15 yrs. of a 100 plus hrs. a wk. but it has slowed down this yr. get too toot my own horn you could say and wake up people who live near the tracks. Getting ready too take some courses for the possibility to go to Japan and run High Speed Train's tired of hauling coal and freight for a living.

Now that should be a career switch! If Japan doesn`t work out you might consider China, they`re expanding their high-speed train network at a rapid pace (lately opened a 2300km long track between Beijing and Guangzhou), and the atmosphere is much more relaxed than Japan

Senior Field Service Technician

Doing utility substation testing, checkout and commisioning on substations the company I'm with builds.

I'm 49 and still love the job because it's one where you will never "know everything" so consider myself blessed in that regard...always more to learn so it stays interesting

Attachments

• hl7.jpg
    hl7.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 9
  • hl3.jpg
    hl3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 0409101258b.jpg
    0409101258b.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 0421101052.jpg
    0421101052.jpg