What size allen wrench?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne z

Reaction score
Hi all, What size allen wrench is used to remove allen bolt in bottom of fork legs?

Thanks,
Wayne

I think its a 7mm but pick up a set of metric Allen wrenches.. You'll need them.

you might be right about that 8MM.. I have the full set, so I just pulled out what fit. :biglaugh:

It varies depending on the year. 8mm or 10mm. I use a apex socket bit.

Sean

OK, thanks everyone for the replies.

Now a new question, what length of 3/8 drive allen wrenches do I need to reach the fork tube bolts with an impact wrench. Shorter is better with an impact so I don't want to buy longer length than I need.

Regards,
Wayne

I don't remember. Can't you just use a pencil or small screw driver and put it up in there and measure it? I cut down an allen key.

Matt

I was wrong. They bolts in the bottom of the forks are 10mm, and don't use one of the allen keys that is the swivel head they will strip out the allen head easy if you are using a air impact gun... I noticed this doing the 2nd set of forks this summer. My shorter key still fit fine going in the bottom of the fork.

Attachments

• allen key.jpg
    allen key.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 11
Back