What was it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
So i'm on my way home last night at 11:30pm after getting a call in to work after hours for an emergency breakdown, I'm motoring along and pass a rider on a dark cycle, i'm rolling along at 10 over on the 4 lane boulavard and he's running the limit, I catch a red light and find him next to me, no reving or signs of encouragement from either of us, we roll out easy on green but I keep it in 1st gear, I hear the inline 4 tone and know he's doing the same, I glance over and he hits it, I do the same and hold each other in check, we snatch 2nd and the Max lifts nicely pulling hard and holding it there for a bit, as I come down I peek over and see my advisary still in the air and pulling on me slightly!, I grab 3rd at the wink of the shift light but he has a bike on me now, a red light waits at the next intersection and we roll off the throttles, as I coast by I give him the thumbs up and hang a right, the only thing I saw was an "F4" on the plastic cowling under the tank, I know I had run across a good rider on a quick bike but wondered what it was?.........................Tom.

CBR 600 F4 ?

productsmall_13180283492001-2003-Honda_CBR600f4i.jpg

The bike was possibly black and had the F4 up near where the turn signal was and the logo was much smaller than the one in your pic, could have been a Honda, just didn't pay attention when I had the oppertunity..................It was fun tho!........:biglaugh:.......Tom.

i think most modern 600 sportbikes can smoke a vmax

My FZR is carbureted 92 and in stock form would right about keep up with a stock Max. That being said, I have surprised riding buddy of mine on his late model CBR 600 ( though he was a new rider and has since sworn off street bikes for a 4 wheeler )

Latest posts

Back