When I put left blinker on I get miss in motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
Only when I use the left blinker I get a miss in the motor...When the blinker is turned off its fine...Its fine with the right blinker..Both blinkers work the same and blink fine...Strange..Help

so its electrical. battery in good shape? whats ur voltage reading when the blinker is on left vs right?

did r1 conversion,,new battery,,power is full 14v so im good there...Think the flasher is shorting cause now blinker stops working sometimes..

Measure the voltage drop when the signal is active between the two sides. See if the left drops a lot more than the right...then you've got a short. Did this problem just suddenly occur and was fine before?

I'd check the wiring going into the blinker stalks. Once I saw a bike where the wires had rubbed on the stalk and shorted, maybe start there?

I vote for clean all the grounds - a poor ground will make the current back-feed through other circuits, sometimes causing strange symptoms. I've corrected a number of "ghost" problems by cleaning/adding grounds. I personally ran an extra ground strap from the battery to the frame of my VMAX in addition to all the popular electrical mods that a lot of us here on this forum have done.

I'm thinking a short in the left blinker wire would blow a fuse before it affected the cylinder fire.

How about a grounding issue somewhere like where all the different systems are bolt/grounded to the frame (right hand side, outboard) next to the battery?

I left one of those off when I did my battery box mod and the bike ran fine UNTIL I hit the brakes. The brake light would come on, the signal indicator would flash on, and the bike would die deader than a turd. I think the fuel indicator came on too.

it was the flasher...My grounds are always clean and new...
changed flasher now its good..Real weird one..

Back