Why are we not having this here??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
image005.jpg

Because not enough US maxers hangout/coordinate this kind of awesomeness, and judging by the map of max riders it seems like Europe and the US east coast have the majority of riders, otherwise I would totally go to something like this, but mostly everything out west is all cookie-cutter Harley's and sport bikes... My Max sticks out like a Titan amongst mortals they're so hard to run into around here.

Every year at Johnstown, PA. the event, Thunder in the Valley there is between 40-80 Vmax's that show up. We get people from Florida, Kansas and other far locations. While we are not right in the thick of things except for maybe the parade there are a bunch of rides, BBQ's, etc to keep one busy for 3-4 days of Vmax fun. Granted it is not 500 Vmax's but maybe something more centralized like this could be planned.

Every year at Johnstown, PA. the event, Thunder in the Valley there is between 40-80 Vmax's that show up. We get people from Florida, Kansas and other far locations. While we are not right in the thick of things except for maybe the parade there are a bunch of rides, BBQ's, etc to keep one busy for 3-4 days of Vmax fun. Granted it is not 500 Vmax's but maybe something more centralized like this could be planned.

Or the theme for Thunder '15? :confused2:

I used to have a 1st gen Honda CRX and once a year there would be a gathering of 1st and 2nd gen CRXs up in Ontario Canada for a weekend. The organizers of the weekend event would even have campgrounds available for those people who wanted to camp out. I think it would be great if we could organize something like that!!!

1,600km with 2 channel crossings, then back again - that might be a bit much
but, I've a year and a half to plan it... Hmmm :hmmm:

I'd imagine it would require a handful of people(preferably with experience in event planning) to set something up here in the US. That's probably why it hasn't happened. Or maybe the super team is still forming? I dunno. Would be cool though.

There are Vmaxers on FaceBook (started by Ro Max from Alberta) talking about trying to get something like that together, possibly in Michigan for US and Canadian Vmax riders.

.... Granted it is not 500 Vmax's but maybe something more centralized like this could be planned.

Hmmm something centralized......How about Seans house in Kansas?????

Eh hemmmmmm......... E U R E K A S P R I N G S, A R K A N S A S! - is centrally located......is already planned, and if I'm not mistaken, Sean Morley will be there again this year. :ummm:

Friday May 30th,
Saturday May 31st,
Sun June 1st

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=33499

Now, if we could get 500+ Vmaxers to come....

Eh hemmmmmm......... E U R E K A S P R I N G S, A R K A N S A S! - is centrally located......is already planned, and if I'm not mistaken, Sean Morley will be there again this year. :ummm:

Friday May 30th,
Saturday May 31st,
Sun June 1st

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=33499

Now, if we could get 500+ Vmaxers to come....

True hadnt thought that about that....but we still have a year to plan this.

We could do that and even figure a weekend that has some drags going on. OR, have it in Topeka at the annual dyno day.

We could do that and even figure a weekend that has some drags going on. OR, have it in Topeka at the annual dyno day.

Have you set a date for 2014 yet Sean?

I already have Aug 16 - 17th blocked off for Truitt & Osborn. (if not 110 degrees)

no date set yet. don hold your breath on the temps. had too much luck with nice weather these last few years.

I think the geography is hurting us over here.
2myykk8.jpg

I'd love to see something like this happen, but I don't have the resources to put it together. I really want to make it down to Topeka, but its a 2 day ride one way for me; I'm having trouble selling it to the Mrs.

Back