Windshield help!!!! Please read.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
Hello all . I am trying to get a windshield for my 06 vmax. I really don't like the oem one. It's to rounded. Does anyone know of a better looking one that they might have on there max and maybe have some pictures i can look at. I guess i would like a squared off at the top one. Not to big but big enough. I google searched images for vmax's and saw a few i liked but don't know who makes them. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated..

p.s. THIS SITE ROCKS. I'm from massachusetts anyone wanting to go for a cruise hit me up...:punk:

post the pics of the ones u like, i'm sure we can figure it out.... i have a instrument cowl and a mini III.

u'd be welcome to try out the mini III but th einstruemtn cowl is a pain in the ass and probably much smaller than what u rlooking for.

i'm in franklin, ma, where are u?

I have this Tracy Streetfighter fairing I bought back in the mid eighties. I love it but I can't find the manufacturer or any replacement parts for it. So it probably won't help you. Here's some pics anyways.....

Picture008.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

I'm in Springfield.......

Hello all . I am trying to get a windshield for my 06 vmax. I really don't like the oem one. It's to rounded. Does anyone know of a better looking one

Buy a huge one and either cut it yourself or have a shop that specializes in plastics do it for you. My boss had this done with his H-D dyna. He bought a really tall windshield and had it cut down to where he wanted it. The shop he took it to did a great job, it looks factory.

Yeah thanks i'm looking for a plain clear maybe tinted shield . one that comes off easy . thanks for your response. we all should hook up if this weather ever clears up around here..lol we can do a nice mass trip . ill go anywhere. its always a pleasure driving with other vmax's.. :punk:

Never thought about that mabd. good idea. i guess as long as it mounts on vmax i can have it customized. Never put a windshield on a bike before but i live in the bug capital of the world.. lol

we all should hook up if this weather ever clears up around here..lol we can do a nice mass trip . ill go anywhere. its always a pleasure driving with other vmax's.. :punk:

Sounds good.......we could do a beach run to RI. or something......Like you said if this weather pattern EVER clears out!!!!!!!!

sounds good to me! i bought a rebel out in lakeville last yr... i'm gonna have a busy few weekends here but we maybe can work out something!

Me to very busy next couple of weeks (all-star baseball for son) but lets keep in touch . yeah a nice ri run to newport or something would be awesome . we will have to exchange phone numbers soon. keep in touch..
mckzx9
(mark)

I have the spitfire also. Only problem is it leaves a little extra space above the headlight. Can't get it any lower without trimming because of the turn signals being mounted so high.

I have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield, great converage but the signal lights need to be relocated.

Mike

Attachments

• user978_pic1444_1243309006_thumb.jpeg
    user978_pic1444_1243309006_thumb.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 32
I have the Givi Airstars which is a little bigger than the factory windshield. It provides protection for the chest area and lower helmet. The one thing I discovered on a longer trip this year is that it directs wind noise to helmet/ upper body area. I have had this windshield for 2 years and not until I got a new helmet (Vemar VTXE) did I really notice how much wind noise it was creating. My new helmet is really quiet if it is in clean air, whereas my old helmet has wind noise all the time. I am going to take the Givi off and run without for a while to see what it's like. I'm going have clean more bug off the jacket now but I think it will be worth it to have less wind noise.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 27
Think I'm going with A plexistar 2, more coverage if not the
prettiest. I seem to remember someone had a Hellfire which is a larger
shield. Said it worked well.
Chris

+1 to the Spitfire from me as well. Only 45 bucks & I think it looks pretty good. My last avatar had a pic, but I deleted it. Been running naked all summer - will post a better pic when it's remounted & time permits.

I'm running the Spitfire too and I really like it. There's a little gap between the headlight and the bottom of the shield, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. On long trips it really helps keep the wind off my chest. I'm 6'5", so I just expect to eat the wind. I have a clear one on there now, but will switch to the smoked version when this one gets a little more beat up. They're hell for strong too. I took a robin right in the middle of the shield at about 60 and it lived through it just fine. It's amazing what comes out of a bird when you nail it! My bike is currently apart due to a nagging electrical issue (No Spark When Wet), but I can take a picture if it helps. Let me know.

I'm running the Yamaha mini III. I like it. Looks good and has just enough protection. I used a heat gun on it and gave the top a little flip to redirect air flow.

Back