Winter mods (mostly) done

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I finally got almost finished with my winter mods and thought I would throw up a couple of pics. The previous (original) owner had put the windscreen, 4-1 Hindle and progressive front springs on it. This winter I did alot of Paypaling and cashier's checking with Sean :biglaugh:. I got some of the 11.5" progressive 430's, one of his seats, chrome scoops, new grips, ss throttle, clutch and brake cables, frame braces, and some fake vstacks and engine guards from forum member Jedi. I just lowered the front end 2" and put new Metzler's on (had Dunlop Qualifiers before). I did Coprunner's taillight conversion because I chopped the rear fender down and needed somewhere to put the lights. I also removed the radiator reflectors and put in clear leds that are hooked to the turn signals (can't remember whose post I saw this on). I recently had a buddy repaint it in the same color but put a glossy clearcoat on it. The few items I have left are to get the frame braces installed and maybe some screen for inside the vstacks.

The 4th pic shows the 430's with a Python motorsports final drive bolt and vent cover. I also put on some polished V4 logo clutch and brake cylinder covers.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and help during this process. This forum is awesome.

Please disregard the dirt on the frame. Today was garage cleaning day, tomorrow is wash day.

Attachments

• Pics 005.jpg
    Pics 005.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Pics 009.jpg
    Pics 009.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 113
  • Pics 010.jpg
    Pics 010.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Pics 011.jpg
    Pics 011.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102
  • Pics 008.jpg
    Pics 008.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 116
That is a very nice tastefully done bike! Good job! Question for you....How do you like the bar end mirrors compared to stock? Mine are short stem stock and they're not that great. Mike

Thanks, guys. I really like the bar ends. Before it had short stems as well. Couldn't see a thing except for my shoulders. I got them on ebay. They're not the super pricey ones but they aren't the cheapies either. I think they were about $60 or so. They have some cool machining on the backside, lots of concentric circles that get bigger as they go out.

The frame braces I got from Sean are used Sportsmax's. I just had them painted the same color as the frame, just haven't gotten around to welding on the tabs.

Here's a link for the mirrors. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-...0390448QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here's a pic of the day I picked it up. Note the air shocks and Virago? rear fender and tail light set up. Terrible. Also the cruiser type handle bars. :confused2: So glad I could see the potential underneath all that.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for the link and info on the bar-ends. I do a lot of freeway riding back and forth to work and the shorty stems just don't give me enough visibility and I don't like the look of the long stems.
Nice transformation from when you got it.Just changing out that OEM tail light is huge.Those things are butt ugly IMO.

Nice job Midmoraider! Nice tasteful changes. Keep up the good work. You know it never ends... LOL! :biglaugh:

G Man

VMike, they are a convex mirror, so everything is really small. Once you get used to them though, they are much better than the traditional type. Really like the fold away feature too.

Very nice bike. Metzers look great. Time to ride it now . ( then you get to change some more , LOL )

:punk:

Yeah, it got to up to 50 today. Got in about an hour ride. I think my next big change is going to be Sean's muscle jet kit. May have to wait til next winter for that, though.

very nicely done!! BIG difference from when you got it. i did notice one thing though, you no longer have the luggage rack on your sissy bar. do you want to sell it if you still have it? i would really love to have one for my bike to carry my lunch bucket to work and what not.

Thanks, guys. I really like the bar ends. Before it had short stems as well. Couldn't see a thing except for my shoulders. I got them on ebay. They're not the super pricey ones but they aren't the cheapies either. I think they were about $60 or so. They have some cool machining on the backside, lots of concentric circles that get bigger as they go out.

The frame braces I got from Sean are used Sportsmax's. I just had them painted the same color as the frame, just haven't gotten around to welding on the tabs.

Here's a link for the mirrors. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bar-...0390448QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here's a pic of the day I picked it up. Note the air shocks and Virago? rear fender and tail light set up. Terrible. Also the cruiser type handle bars. :confused2: So glad I could see the potential underneath all that.

wow never seen that 'cruiser' of handlebars on a max, nice transformation!

Thanks for the link and info on the bar-ends. I do a lot of freeway riding back and forth to work and the shorty stems just don't give me enough visibility and I don't like the look of the long stems.
Nice transformation from when you got it.Just changing out that OEM tail light is huge.Those things are butt ugly IMO.

heres some cheaper bar ends:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...orcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3140wt_1163

they usually have black and silver ones too. i have 1x pair of black ones in the garage at all times incase i nail one on something.

VMike, they are a convex mirror, so everything is really small. Once you get used to them though, they are much better than the traditional type. Really like the fold away feature too.

once you get used to them they're good, i agree.

I really like the look of that 170 tire on the rear.My next rear tire will be a 170 from the 150 I'm running now. More rubber contact plus just a nicer,beefier look for the rear IMO.

Garrett --Thanks for the e-bay bar end mirror link. Quite a price range on those things.

Hey everybody, I finally got almost finished with my winter mods and thought I would throw up a couple of pics. The previous (original) owner had put the windscreen, 4-1 Hindle and progressive front springs on it. This winter I did a lot of Paypaling and cashier's checking with Sean :biglaugh:. I got some of the 11.5" progressive 430's, one of his seats, chrome scoops, new grips, ss throttle, clutch and brake cables, frame braces, and some fake vstacks and engine guards from forum member Jedi. I just lowered the front end 2" and put new Metzler's on (had Dunlop Qualifiers before). I did Cop runner's taillight conversion because I chopped the rear fender down and needed somewhere to put the lights. I also removed the radiator reflectors and put in clear leds that are hooked to the turn signals (can't remember whose post I saw this on). I recently had a buddy repaint it in the same color but put a glossy clear coat on it. The few items I have left are to get the frame braces installed and maybe some screen for inside the vstacks.

The 4th pic shows the 430's with a Python motor sports final drive bolt and vent cover. I also put on some polished V4 logo clutch and brake cylinder covers.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and help during this process. This forum is awesome.

Please disregard the dirt on the frame. Today was garage cleaning day, tomorrow is wash day.
i VERY NICE / CLEAN BIKE ! :punk: . AND THANKS FOR THE MENTION ON THE TAIL LIGHT ! .. IF YOU WANT A GOOD LAUGH , WHEN YOUR RIDING AT NIGHT AND YOUR STUCK AT A RED LIGHT , AND WHEN SOMEONE PULLS BEHIND YOU , THEN HIT THE BRAKE , ITS SO BRIGHT THAT SOMETIMES THEY PUT DOWN THEIR VISOR ! . " LOL " " LOL " " LOL "

Here's a couple of pics that show the vstacks that Jedi makes. They are polished stainless steel and set out much further than the one's from exactrep. I think they go great with the scoops that Sean had chromed.

What is the best way to install and what is the best material to use for screens inside of the stacks?

Attachments

• Pics 012.jpg
    Pics 012.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 25
  • Pics 013.jpg
    Pics 013.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back