WTF... lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
Installed 6 inch slotted headlights and LED front turns as KJ has on his bike ... did it yesterday and everything worked great , rode 50 miles got home everything worked great. THEN ... this morning installed the rear signals... Bikemaster LED 4 wires no biggie... AND NOW... when I hit turns all 4 led turns blink at the same time and the indicator light on dash panel does nothing... the cancel button for the turns works fine..... WTF??? :bang head::bang head:

Also... I unhooked the rears to diagnose and it still does it, im wondering if I held a button down when I turned ignition on and reprogrammed the bike or something... LMAO... :bang head::bang head::bang head:

UPDATE... when I reinstalled the OEM turns everything is fine... so whats in the OEM turns that the LED's dont have? thanks guys..

LEDs have way less resistance then stok bulbs that's why whey you only change two your blinkers blink faster, when you change all 4 turn signals to LEDs, all 4 will blink if you turn the switch right or left. You need to wire in some resistors to solve the issue. I'm not sure what size resistor is needed, mine were white, square looking about 4 inches long. I can take a picture when I get home, maybe there's still a rating visible on them. If you do a search on here in the electrical section you will find plenty of info on the issue (I just don't remember where exactly it was).

Check for the LED threads and look for dashboard signal indicator diode mode. It takes 30 min to do and you are done. I solve my flashing issue that way without specific relay or resistor.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back