Xenon or xenonlook...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there anybody who has experiance with xenon light on the V-max?
I would like to know where to install the balast box for example? and are the wires long enough if the balast is installed under the seat?

Or does anybody have any experiance with xenonlook light bulbs?

Thx for any reply

Hi Arlon,

You shouldn't put the ballast under the seat. You might not have enough room there.
Wires going from the ballast to the bulb shouldn't be extended because of the voltage.
Ballast can be put in the scoop or behind the air box.
You can find some tiny ballast on Ebay which will fit easily anywhere.

Else you can check for the other HID thread, you will have some info about plug and play kits and how to mount them on the v-max.

I know the MOT test in the UK (annual road worthy test basically) has had a few changed recently and we are not allowed to fit HID lights unless the headlight lens is the projector style.

Before this change a good friend of mine put in a HID light in his 1983 Katana, it came with two boxes attached, one for the ballast and another to control the bulb which moved so you could have dipped beam and main beam as they don't come with dual filaments like normal bulbs.

If you do it let us know where the found to mount the ballast.

Cheers

Thx fitz666,

I know the rules are diferent is some countries about the xenon lights.
In Holland the changed it recently. Before you needed also a adjustment device/box next to the balast box. At the moment this is not a must anymore. :eusa_dance:

As soon as I got my xenon bought and installed I will let you know where I hide the litlle box...:ummm:
Indeed is there not enough space under the seat and the wires are not long enough.

greetz

Back