Yay or Nay?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never LIKED any windshield but do use them on trips and sometimes in winter. I've seen those windshields before. Can't remember but think they are from somewhere in Europe. There is a company called Laminar Lip that makes an attachment like that for almost any screen. I used one on a Suzuki Bandit for trips and it does smooth the airflow. Still have it somewhere. If you are going to have a windshield, I think it should be functional. Obviously they are not for looks... :biglaugh:

Nay, I'ts ok just not a real good match up with the bike. This just me thinking.

I like this 1 a little better

Attachments

• vmax-20100519.jpg
    vmax-20100519.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 37
I've seen much worse.....I don't think it looks bad.

Are the mounting brackets all ugly though? I hate when the mounts look like they were made with a Wilton, a hacksaw and some nuts & bolts from Ace hardware. Not on a bike that nice.

The brackets are pretty nice Mark....handlebar mounted with black, satin finished plastic pinch clamps, all bolt heads and nuts are recessed and covered with black plastic caps, mounting rods are satin s/s. It's a class shield and would be really nice if I could bring it closer to the bars a couple, three inches. Wind flow has been well thought out, it's very calm behind it.

This is a real tough one for me as I agree with everybody.....Yays & Nays. The sheild functions better than any I've ever had, it completely removes any wind pressure from my chest and face area which results in back discomfort....BUT, it needs a little help cosmetically.

Think I'll pursue the 'bubble' idea, not sure if one could be pressed out of the sheild with heat of cut the plastic and plasti-weld a black plastic bubble on top? :ummm:

Except for the fly screen, it's hard to have a good looking windshield on a Max Dann-o. They do function well on a long ride in cold weather. So-yes, but keep zippers on it.
Steve

I agree with you on the fly screen Steve-o, altho thought this MRA looked pretty nice on the Gen I.

I was just out in the shop looking at what a bubble or cut out might do and it would only move the sheild back an inch or so....seems a shame to hack up a nice sheild for such a small gain.....which may not improve the looks all that much.

Guess I'll just live with it....if they all laugh I'll simply drive away......rapidly!! :rocket bike: :hihi:

Attachments

• 100_3349.jpg
    100_3349.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 20
If it works for you, then I say keep it on there. Don't worry whether or not the majority of fellow Vmaxers, or other bike owners for that matter, like it. It's your bike and you dress it any way you like.

My 09 had a Japanese made 3-piece shield on it when I bought it. Apparently, it is only available in Japan, and the previous owner had a friend ship it over. I was not keen on it at first, but for some reason, it remains on the bike to this day. PITA to clean both sides etc, but I've left it on so far.

Sorry I don't have good, straight on pics of it, but here's a few which have glimpses of it from various angles.

09vmax3.jpg09vmax5.jpg09vmax8.jpgpaint 1 (4).jpgJim's vmax 010.jpg

I don't notice it on there while I'm riding, but it manages to kill it's share of bugs.

Nay, I'ts ok just not a real good match up with the bike. This just me thinking.

I like this 1 a little better

I have had this Rifle fairing on a 1985 Suzuki GS1150E years ago and my 97 Max. It was destroyed in my accident several years ago and I haven't replaced it but it is a great shield/fairing. Your choice of shield heights for coverage. If I could get one repainted to match my custom color, I would get another one. My painter has gotten so backlogged he doesn't do small jobs anymore. :damn angry:

If it works for you, then I say keep it on there. Don't worry whether or not the majority of fellow Vmaxers, or other bike owners for that matter, like it. It's your bike and you dress it any way you like.

My 09 had a Japanese made 3-piece shield on it when I bought it. Apparently, it is only available in Japan, and the previous owner had a friend ship it over. I was not keen on it at first, but for some reason, it remains on the bike to this day. PITA to clean both sides etc, but I've left it on so far.

Sorry I don't have good, straight on pics of it, but here's a few which have glimpses of it from various angles.

View attachment 38645View attachment 38646View attachment 38647View attachment 38648View attachment 38649

I don't notice it on there while I'm riding, but it manages to kill it's share of bugs.

Oh, I'm not at all worried Jim but did want to hear some feedback as I'm a little up in the air about it. I'm fairly certain that it will remain....works too good to discard...I guess that's the bottom line. :confused2:

Never saw a sheild like yours....pretty cool actually, they went under the shift light, that's a good way to deal with that issue. :punk:

This is a real tough one for me as I agree with everybody.....Yays & Nays. The sheild functions better than any I've ever had, it completely removes any wind pressure from my chest and face area which results in back discomfort....BUT, it needs a little help cosmetically.

Think I'll pursue the 'bubble' idea, not sure if one could be pressed out of the sheild with heat of cut the plastic and plasti-weld a black plastic bubble on top? :ummm:

If it's good at push the air up and off of you good move... My small 1 hits me right in the jaw lots of air.

The pictures matches the other I sent. I like how the tach fit's in.

Attachments

• a22beba1397729a9524f541e.jpg
    a22beba1397729a9524f541e.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 23
i don't think its ugly, and if it makes riding the girl better, why the fuck not!?

I say nay but if it's one that detaches easily for in town riding and u can put it back on for trips that would make it a little better.

If it keeps the bugs and shit out of your face then it's doing it's job but i'm gonna say nay on the looks. It sucks cuz the really cool looking widshields don't do anything for bugs and stuff.

Back