09 Vmax vs 09 Busa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smokingzx14,

I'm thinking of running my new max at the 1/8 mile track in Sturgis SD this summer. I noticed the Vmax 1/8 mile time on your slip was just over 5.0?

How does this 1/8 mile time compare to the ZX14, Busa, B-King?

What tire pressure were you using on the vmax and do you need to do a burn out first if leaving at 3500rpm.

Thanks,

Maxout
Tire was set at 25 psi and yes i did a small burn out just to remove any dirt picked up in the staging lanes ..

The Vmax ran
Mid 6.50 every pass at 108 MPH .. My Zx14 ran 6.0s to 6.04 @ 121 to 122 MPH .. Keep in mind i have a pipe and i strap the front end down .. Stone stock with 3 miles on the clock my zx14 ran 6.27 in the 1/8 mile and 9.62 in the 1/4 mile ..

The Bking in the video is about 64 inches , piped and tuned .. I don't know his 1/8 mile numbers but he runs 9.50s in the AMA Prostar street fighter class ...He told me that day at the track he ran a 9.48 and needed to slow it down for the 9.50 index in street fighter class ...He is a good rider and also has a turbo busa that run mid 7s @ 190 MPH ..

It comes down to your skill level , you can beat a zx14 or bking if the guy you are racing doesn't have the skills..That goes for roll on racing on the street also ...At 69.9 wheel base of the Vmax wheelys are not a problem and you can go WOT and not worry about looping the bike like a busa or zx14 ..

The guys Vmax that i was testing has a pipe and p/c on order and we will be testing shorty to see what it picks up in ET and MPH ...:eusa_dance:

Ok I just got back from the bathroom from motion sickness.
Does the camera man have bad nerves? Caffiene junkie? Maybe he just drank eleventeen red bulls at the track

Overall some good riders there!! Good launches,, throttle and clutch control.. ya can tell a good rider when you hear the RPMS screaming the first 60 foot as the clutch is being controlled to prevent wheel spin and wheeling just toting the tire out!:clapping:

I am sure all the 09 VMAX owners love the video of the VMAX beating the Busa. in all honesty I liked it also! I would post it on a busa forum and watch all the reactions I am sure it would be a high hit thread..

Thanks for sharing I always enjoy watching talented riders at the track

!

yes, please post at the busa forum then put a link on here. what fun we could have. :clapping:

Now this could possibly start WWIII
Geeze but its a great idea, I am for it, this site is getting a little boring lately, we need some of that testosteron flying its motorcycle riding season
:clapping:

Well I think it's safe to say from all that I have heard, the ZX14 is the king of the 1/4. Although I would like to see stock vs. stock. It's seems to be a rarity to see stock anymore.

Well I think it's safe to say from all that I have heard, the ZX14 is the king of the 1/4. Although I would like to see stock vs. stock. It's seems to be a rarity to see stock anymore.

I believe there has been a comparrison of the 08 Hayabusa and the ZX-14 and the Hayabusa posted a lower et(i believe it had a better mph but can't remember)with the same rider. In the real world, your splitting hairs between the two and it flat out comes down to rider weight(or lack therof) AND rider skill. I don't believe there is another stk bike that compares to the two...at the dragstrip. Lots more to life/bikes than dragstrip #'s though...

Hmm coughing as he says BULLSHIT... The ZX14R was the 1/4 king before the Hayabusa went bigger to the 1320CC..
Reality the BUSA makes more MPH in the 1/4 Mile from what I have seen. Now ET has a lot to do with rider. YOu cant really f up MPH unless you miss gears, or ride the rev limiter every gear

These are stock bikes comparing from what I see at the dragstrip

Smokingzx14 is a very good rider so this comparison is not a very good one.
same rider same day busa wins .
sometimes by as much as here..
http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/106925-1-4-miles-winner.html

posting this thread at the busa forum is not going to make us worried :rofl_200:
Too bad most Busa riders would not even compare with the Busa rider opposite of SmookinZX14 in the video. The BIKE is capable of quite alot, though 95% of their riders are not(by a long shot too!)
I wish Yamaha had lightened the new V-max up a bit. Its hauling around almost 200 more lbs than the Busa/ZX-14(which are no light weights). As-is, give the new V-max some more traction and it will run much better. Might even give some of those Busa riders a good run...

Too bad most Busa riders would not even compare with the Busa rider opposite of SmookinZX14 in the video. The BIKE is capable of quite alot, though 95% of their riders are not(by a long shot too!)
I wish Yamaha had lightened the new V-max up a bit. Its hauling around almost 200 more lbs than the Busa/ZX-14(which are no light weights). As-is, give the new V-max some more traction and it will run much better. Might even give some of those Busa riders a good run...

Yep but to me it looked like the guy on the busa was running maybe mid
11 s the first run.
but have seen some running 12"s both zx14 and busas ..
so posting 1 video of a busa getting beat dont mean a ....
Love the look of the new v max though

What i see at the track and street is the zx14 Vs Busa in stock forum are dead even ...Mod for mod they seem to be dead even also ... The zx14 has one big plus over the busa and is the clutch is user friendly, making the bike much easier to drag race ..Put Gadson on both bikes and flip a coin to see who wins ..:ummm::confused2:

I like just about any bike(each for different reasons). Just blows my mind that Yamaha would go so all-out to make a VERY powerful motor like no one else has even attempted, but neutered it with much excessive weight, oddball rear wheel size and even hampered(the already MUCH hampered) performance by ECU restrictions.
I like seeing a bike to be able to show what its truly capable of with only minor mods(lowering/gearing, etc. Not messing with any internals or removing everything to lighten it up and thus make it non-streetable). Though i'm not the best rider, i've run some pretty decent times on my old 04 Hayabusa. Strapped/lowered/geared...thats it. In that guise, the Busa(and also the ZX-14) can really shine. With the new V-max, it won't be so simple, and to me thats a shame. Its still a ultra-cool bike no matter what times its capable of. Would just like to see it get a fair shake...

What i see at the track and street is the zx14 Vs Busa in stock forum are dead even ...Mod for mod they seem to be dead even also ... The zx14 has one big plus over the busa and is the clutch is user friendly, making the bike much easier to drag race ..Put Gadson on both bikes and flip a coin to see who wins ..:ummm::confused2:

I agree(and i believe i mentioned the same thing in a previous post?). Since 02, the Busa clutch is MUCH better and can be used as-is to knock down some pretty good 60's(personally i've hit 1.55's with totally stk clutch in a 04 Busa at stk wheelbase). At that 60', i was just starting to have a harder time keeping control of the front end. Thought it was me. Put in a welded inner hub(very cheap/easy mod) and things got smoother and i was able to get my 60's down some more.
That same hub that hampers a basically stk motor actually helps when the power is upped(via a turbo or nitrous). So it can also be helpful.

Back