1985 side covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtotiger1

Reaction score
So i have a set of original 1985 embossed vmax side covers in excellent condition, what are they worth?

We all know they are worth what someone is willing to pony-up for the item or the service.

Multi-generation family holiday dinner & the septic tank is clogged? Pay the man.

An item like yours, of-interest to someone who is doing a restoration to a 1985 & needs 'em? 4gasem may have a #. To anyone else who can just be happy w/every other years' type cover, not-so-much. Maybe in 30-40 years that might be a salient point in a restoration, if gas is still avail!

The beauty of the VMax lies in being able to interchange nearly all parts. For some guy who bought a $1500 '85 fixer-upper, those are not going to be an item of purchase. You can re-shoe the bike w/sales tires for that. And as we all know, carbruerator chains are what are worth the Big Money from the '85 series!:biglaugh:

I'd like to have a nice clean 85 set but I can wait. I have post 85 covers on both bikes and even a near peftect set put up, just in case... If you can, you should post pictures, you'll stir more interest....:biglaugh:

Kyle: I am looking for a bike that has potential as a Cheap Fix it Upper but not specifically an 85.. Need one for my Bud, Gary. You'll meet him on a ride or a Tech Day soon, I hope....:biglaugh:

I'd buy your 85 in a heartbeat if I didn't already have 2 and 1/2... All the parts I've bought from you are about 1/2 a bike...:rofl_200:

I'd like to trade my black aftermarket scoops for some stock '93 ones, if anyone knows someone looking.

1228338891_WXV6M-M.jpg

I have seen them on E-bay go for around $100-$150. I picked up a set from Sean about two years ago for $75.00

I've been hoarding these side covers for years. Finding perfect ones is either lucky or hard, take your pick. I just bought a N.O.S. one for $50 on eBay and glad to pay that plus shipping. If you are polishing or chroming, they can actually be in worse shape. Chroming costs money to do so bump up the price accordingly. What is Sean getting? $80 bucks each plus shipping right? A purist will want their set in natural finish. Price wise I guess chromed would be top dawg, followed by natural finish and finally polished or powdercoated. Again, condition is key. So you want some unscientific numbers? For a set, Left and right...
Perfect chromies-$300-350
perfect naturals -$200-250
polished or powdercoated $150-200
dented or creased - $10-50 depending on severity of course.
One other "85 only" are the foot peg covers with the rectangular block pattern and the front wheel to a degree although that is 1986 too.

Back