• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle Wanted 2001 vs 2005??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordla67

Reaction score
I’m looking for opinions on 2001 vs 2005 VMax. 2001 (grey) has 10k miles, has some mods, BUT he also has all the stock parts removed. Looks to be in good running condition.

2005 (red) has @24k miles, pretty much stock. Single owner looks to be in good condition.

Attachments

• IMG_9146.jpeg
    IMG_9146.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    904.9 KB
  • IMG_9146.jpeg
    IMG_9146.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    904.9 KB
The '05, what's the # on the faux tank badge? Even though the '05 has more miles, it's a 20th anniversary bike, so it has some interest to a collector. Other than being a fun bike to ride, there really isn't much collector added value to any of them. maybe if the bike was one of the first or the last built, or a numbered 20th anniversary edition. Something like a Jon Cornell record-setter/holder, a Mad Max chain-drive, or a heavily-modded power-adder bike (NOS, supercharged, turbocharged, big-bore, or some combination) would be worth a premium.

Which one 'floats your boat?' I think I'd go for the '05, but you should make your choice based upon which one moves you the most. Are you a tall guy? The '01 might fit you better with its high-riser Z-bars, and the forward controls.

Back