2006 VMAX 227 miles - New to me

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE!! I got an '06 IN '06, but that's nearly as clean as mine was... lol

Watch out for the mod monkey... He's a beastly thing... He's made me do things to mine, that I never intended to. :damn angry:
:biglaugh:

Welcome and enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC00543.jpg
    DSC00543.jpg
    74 KB
  • Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    126.2 KB
Now that's a great find! Very nice canvas for the Mod Monkey to spin his madness out on you and your max,

Look what he made me do to my 06.

Welcome to the forum and have fun on your new max.

Mike

Looks nice Mike!

I saw your bike on ebay too; looks like a nice find.
You shouldn't have too much work to do to it with that low mileage.
But then again, the "mod monkey" will probably jump up & grab your billfold before long & keep you busy.
Enjoy!

My 2007 had a little over 3,700 miles on it when I bought it.

I use a Gen II Vmax Yamaha cover on one of my Vmax, and a Nelson Riggs cover on the other one. Both covers seem to work fine.

Jester 42

P.S. What is the "rest of the story"? Why so few miles?

I'll check those covers out.

The original owner put 65 miles on it the day he rode it home. Travels around the country and out of the country often. The first year he had it he spent alot of time in Brazil. He couldn't ride it with anything related to work because of his profession.

Whenever he would get time to ride it, either the battery would be dead or the carbs would be plugged. He was not mechanically inclined and he wasn't very prompt about getting the carbs cleaned, battery charged or replaced so it sat most of the time. He had the carbs cleaned on two different occasions by a mechanic he eventually found to come to him since he was over 60 miles from the dealership and didn't own a vehicle to transport the bike.

Through the 80's I was a motorcycle mechanic so I took the carbs apart and made sure everything was good and clean. Found a couple of issues I took care of and am now waiting for my Morgan Carbtune to arrive so I can finish up.

Anyways, mileage is definitely actual. The tires, the usual wear marks, and etc... are spot on for a low mileage bike. I am pleased with it.

Don't use the cheapo walmart covers...they don't "breathe" and trap moisture under them. Made the mistake of using one on my Magna over the winter as a dust cover in the garage....in the spring little specks of rust had turned up on the handebars and chain guard.

You got the best factory paint job Yamaha did also, and with such low mileage. Nice find.

Thanks for the info!

Welcome to the family, nice looking ride man. I have the 05 with red flames, congratz!

I had it narrowed down to the anniversary 2005 model and the 2006. Loved both of them. This 2006 came up first.

Welcome to the forum RV.....beautiful bike!! I also went from a Maxim 'X' to a V Max (with a 10 yr break in between).

That was a few Max's ago but I still miss that little 'X'!

Have fun with your new ride, any questions, just ask....somebody on here will be able to help you.

Bought my Maxim X when I was 18 and loved it. Sold it in my late 20's and was thinking it was time for a little bigger bike about then. The VMAX will fill that gap! Took my Maxim X out to Sturgis one year.

Nice bike and seems to be a real good price for a like new condition. I have had an 05 now for my 3rd year, I couldn't ask for a better looking, and performing bike.

Latest posts

Back