2011 max is

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
gray????

prolly not my choice for a hot rod but it does look like it goes with the bike.

and the engine still has brown parts on it >.<

and the price went up WTF

I was just looking at the 2011 On Line today. Gray, Wow. That'll really make it look hot. :ummm: The price is $19,890 for gray..

Hmm... ya, not digging the grey paint scheme for 2011. I think the red was the best of the 3 years.

Attachments

• 11STAR_VMAX_Gray_A_005_30bcc54d.jpg
    11STAR_VMAX_Gray_A_005_30bcc54d.jpg
    67.1 KB
I actually don't mind the gunmetal grey. Still, at this price I still think the buyer should be offered the choice of *any* color.

More ridiculously, it amazes me that in its third year of existence, with all the feedback from users, reviewers and everything in between, Star hasn't even managed to start addressing the lack of on-board fuel. At least they could offer an extra tank as an accessory...

I guess I shouldn't really complain about the gray. My bike is now gray with graphics... Still multiple color choices would be much better....

I was just looking at the 2011 On Line today. Gray, Wow. That'll really make it look hot. :ummm: The price is $19,890 for gray..

That's WAAAYYY too much asking prince for that bike. I'd rather pick up another ZX-14 for $10,999 and kill the Gen2 Max all day long.

I guess I shouldn't really complain about the gray. My bike is now gray with graphics... Still multiple color choices would be much better....

I like Gray too :)
max-5-28.jpg

I have to say this,Im on my 2nd 1st gen max and i love the bike more than any other i have owned,I got to sit on a 2010 the other day(of all places a freakin harley dealership),and i was not impressed with the way it felt,i know its a new bike,and things change,but it just didnt "feel" right,and sitting on one is as close to one as i will ever get,theres no way that bikes worth the 19-20k price Yamaha is asking for it,i cant see where they justify that asking price,I know its a vmax and all,but for 12-13k theres plenty of bikes out there that will walk all over it,but if given the chance,i sure would like to feel that bad boy pool all the blood into the back of my head. :)

I was thinking of going with a grayish color on mine. The paint on my bike was so soft, it shows scratches and swirls way too easily. It think they put too much flex and/or not enough hardener in the mix.
I got a grand off my Max and paid no extra fees when I got it. If you want one, call every dealer in which you are willing to drive to get it. I called a dozen dealers one Friday morning and told them I was going to put my money down that day and was their best price. Some didn't believe me. Some were greedy, wanting up to 2 grand above retail suggested. The best price was 20 mile from me. The moral, call around. Some don't mind a little profit and turn over.

Grey is such a "non-color" It's a shade. Star is just killing me with unimaginitiveness. I thought their shift flames were a step up but dang, no color choice? I mean there are eighty billion colors they have yet to doa Vmax in. No greens yet, no oranges yet. All that said, I vote for the purple from 1985.

I have to say this,Im on my 2nd 1st gen max and i love the bike more than any other i have owned,I got to sit on a 2010 the other day(of all places a freakin harley dealership),and i was not impressed with the way it felt,i know its a new bike,and things change,but it just didnt "feel" right,and sitting on one is as close to one as i will ever get,theres no way that bikes worth the 19-20k price Yamaha is asking for it,i cant see where they justify that asking price,I know its a vmax and all,but for 12-13k theres plenty of bikes out there that will walk all over it,but if given the chance,i sure would like to feel that bad boy pool all the blood into the back of my head. :)

Sitting on one vs riding and handling, two different things. Cornering and speeds into the triple digits are much better, smoother, with the mind not concentrating if the front end is going to go bezerk at any moment. It's heavier but one gets usest to wrestling it around. Depends what the rider is made of vs tons of bikes that can beat the newer Max. I can sit on the thing, too, not lay over. I have seen a 8 second Harley, not stock. The price is going up. Groceries have went up 15-40% in my area, depending what it is. Chit is going to get worse. Whistle britches in the White House has the money printing press churning hard. Most of the world, including Europe, is shying away, wondering what the chit is this cat doing. We go'n bust.

I would like to think someone at Star would have come up with hi impact colors and paint schemes by now...especially with the astronomical price tag...:confused2:

I 2nd that the yamaha grizzly has some awsome paint and graphics they dip the plastic on the limited edition quads to make them look like colored carbon fiber, i know they did silver,white and red and a charcoal come on star step up,but then again they are going to add 1500 for paint and graphics.

Geez guys, a new vmax over here in Australia's around the 30k mark... even with the exchange rate, it just doesn't sit well with me.:damn angry:

Sitting on one vs riding and handling, two different things. Cornering and speeds into the triple digits are much better, smoother, with the mind not concentrating if the front end is going to go bezerk at any moment. It's heavier but one gets usest to wrestling it around. Depends what the rider is made of vs tons of bikes that can beat the newer Max. I can sit on the thing, too, not lay over. I have seen a 8 second Harley, not stock. The price is going up. Groceries have went up 15-40% in my area, depending what it is. Chit is going to get worse. Whistle britches in the White House has the money printing press churning hard. Most of the world, including Europe, is shying away, wondering what the chit is this cat doing. We go'n bust.
I dont doubt for one second its not an amazing bike to ride,and theres no bigger Vmax fan out there than me,but the asking price is insane imho,the average working man(like myself) cant afford that kind of $.
Thats not to say if i hit the lottery tomorrow,you better believe it would be my 1st purchase. :D

Back