2011 max is

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of going with a grayish color on mine. The paint on my bike was so soft, it shows scratches and swirls way too easily. It think they put too much flex and/or not enough hardener in the mix.

How right you are! I had mine less than a month and did an all over paint job. I still think it's the best money I've spent since I got the bike. Yamaha's paint leaves a lot to be desired. It is very soft and doesn't hold up well at all. As far as the gray goes, that's the main color I chose when i painted it. It's almost 2 yrs old and has never had a tank protector or anything else on it. The automotive paint is HARD and none the worse for wear. I hope the gray they chose is metallic, otherwise it will look "utilitarian", but we won't know till we actually see one. I used a lot of metallic in mine and even added red dust in the black. Pictures don't really show the depth or sparkle, but I still love the charcoal gray.. It's easy to dress up with striping or 2 tone and hardly ever looks dirty. I liked the red flames & trim on my 07, & also wanted some red on the 09, so I painted it. Still LOVE the gray for main color tho :) Hopefully the new gray will have some metallic to it, otherwise I don't think many will like it. As far as the bike goes, it's worth every cent, no matter what color they paint it :) Here's my dirty GRAY 09 today...

grayback.jpg

grayside.jpg

graytank.jpg

Seems BMW is using similar color on 2010 RT (Titanium silver/granite gray metallic) I wonder if it's close to what Yamaha will use?

R1200RT-7.jpg

R1200RT-6.jpg

My opinion of the red was that is was a bad idea. Yeah it looked good, but nothing paints a bigger bullseye for the 5-0 on a hooligan like bike than bright look-at-me colors.

The closer you can get to the color of the road the better.
What did Leon say in The Professional, "Never dress lighter than the floor"??

I've always thought that too....bright colors attract attention, for better or worse. Then again if you're on a Vmax the ol' po-po doesn't stand much of a chance anyway. If losing a police cruiser was "easy" on a Gen 1, then it should be "completely effortless" on a Gen 2.

You mean you didn't like the dayglo green-and-purple Ninjas of the 90's?:rofl_200:

I have day-glo green reflector stickers on my helmets for increased visibility at night and during the day. I SURE don't want the paint to be that color though... lol

Chris

Back