22 years later it returns home - 1997

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My dream bike has always been the Vmax. As far as I can remember, I was reading every article I could find about the all mighty king of the road. When I turned 23 years old, the occasion of buying a 1997 Vmax with 20,000 km (12,500 miles) came up and I immediately seized it. After 2 years of joy, some life situation forced me to sell. Luckily, one of my uncle was very interested in acquiring the beast and it was gone.

I always regretted selling this bike, but I had no choice. Since then, years have passed and life happened. I grew up, got married, got a house, got one kid, then another, then two more :eek:

22 years later by a morning of June, my uncle calls and says to me:
- I am getting old, I did what I had to do with the Vmax and I am giving it back to you. It has now 142,000 km (88,750 miles) but it still runs great.

Wow! My Vmax is back, just like me it grew old, but can still move pretty good.

My name is Olivier, I live in Canada close to Montreal and this is my 1997 VMax:

PXL_20241003_132002836-2.jpgPXL_20241002_143436205.jpgPXL_20241003_205312866-2.jpg

Ride safely, and enjoy the reunion. I'd stick some case-savers on that for protection.

Montreal, eh? It seems like thousands of Quebecois arrive in Ft. Lauderdale about now for their winter respite. Dania Beach, Hollywood, Pembroke Park, and Hallandale Beach are congregation points pour l'hiver. They come for sunshine and poutine.

I have friends I've been up to visit in St Luc and St. Jean sur Richelieu.

Latest posts

Back