2nd gear issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a cheap 94 here for sale but has 2nd gear probs , bike looks to be in good condition with 23 miles on her .

What would it take and cost to fix ?:ummm:

What do you have to do to screw up a transmission in 23 miles????:confused2:

I don't think a side car that is properly instaled would damage a frame. As for the 2nd gear issue, what kind of problems? popping out? not shifting?

It could be a segment issue, a little adjustment on the shift lever, or time to open her up and take a peek at the transmission.

The trans is going to hit you for around $500+, depending on where you go for the work. but on the bright side, what a great time to add that overdrive :clapping:

With this 2nd gear prob . What causes it ?:ummm:

That all depends on what the problem is. Could be anything from a defective part to someone driving the bloody piss out the the thing. Or possibly if its jumping out of gear you might get lucky and adjust the lever a little lower to get a more positive shift.

What is it doing?

Damn thats funny Lankeey you always come up with a good one:rofl_200:.
<<Dave>>

Glad ya got a laugh out of it,, if I can make one more laugh then gets pissed off at me I am ahead of the game of life.. Hell its Friday man and I am on a roll hmm shall I say Sushi Roll :rofl_200:

I don't think a side car that is properly instaled would damage a frame. As for the 2nd gear issue, what kind of problems? popping out? not shifting?

It could be a segment issue, a little adjustment on the shift lever, or time to open her up and take a peek at the transmission.

The trans is going to hit you for around $500+, depending on where you go for the work. but on the bright side, what a great time to add that overdrive :clapping:

Ive had the segment replaced on mine , what year was it replaced :ummm:

Would laugh if it was that simple . bike is 5 hours away could be an excuse to go for a ride , would soon know if it is .
Mine was a bitch to get out of 2nd lots of clunking

Generally, when a segment goes away, you either can't upshift or downshift.

my segment went tits up on my Venture, I couldn't shift past 3rd.

What kind of problem is the guy saying it is having?

This bike has also had a side car attached to it , would that cause any problems to the frame ?:confused2:

What you could get for selling the sidecar would probably cover the cost of a new tranny.

Sometimes I have the same problem with my 2nd gear.

When I am up shifting at high rpms it pops out of gear but, I have gotten into the habbit of speed shifting that some times using the clutch to up shift feels wierd to me almost like it takes too long to shift through the gears. Ilearned it on my honda cb900f and have been doing it ever since but, i`m going to try to adjust the shift lever a little downward AND MAYBE TRY USING THE CLUTCH FROM 2ND TO 3RD.LOL

"GET `ER DONE"
<<DAVE>>

Latest posts

Back