6th gear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, just to correct myself guys - I screwed up: reading my speedo again last night, and 4000 rpm = 75mph with the Venture diff.

Then it goes like this: 4500=85, 5000=95, 5500=105, 6000=115 and so on.

Sorry for the confusion!

Today I slowed down to 5000 RPMS

I am running 84 MPH at 5000 RPM Stock OEM Diff 170-80-15 which is shorter than the stock size.

I think I will stick with my stock VMAX differental I like the take off

i have to agree that looking at it retrospectively, i feel i've wasted my money on the venture diff. Maybe in the really long run i'll get a little less engine wear doing 500rpm less for the same speed, but even that will that a long long time to actually see a saving of any kind.

Changing the 5th gear for the venture overdrive is definitely a better option as i feel that this would really help by dropping the rpm a lot more for highway cruising, but again the high cost of splitting the cases would take a hell of a lot of miles @ $4/gal to even out.. It's only worth doing if dropping the motor is a must for other repairs.
i bought one in the begining of the year & never put it on , its for sale , i bought it off of sean morley . ( it's satin black )

If you mean 170/60-18, it is .4 inches taller. Slightly less than 1/2 inch. (26.03 vs. 25.63 diameter).

Latest posts

Back