A little dissapointed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Ive had the Gen II for 600 + miles now, did the first service last weekend. Im a little dissapointed, Its noisie , not loud :bang head:(I started looking:ummm: for exhaust leaks)
Yes its fast, pulls good, but it doesnt have the tire smoken power I hoped it would.:bang head: Yes if you stab it in 1st it can become uncontrolable :biglaugh: and it is fun to leave my mark across alll the cross walks while in 1st ,but It wont do a rolling second gear smoker:confused2: at any speed to WOT.( Did I get a bad one ?) Im also still working on getting the suspension just right, but in all fairness that could just be due to the fact that I only weigh 150lbs (good and bad) and It does handle well now that Im not afraid to lean it, ( some of that fear was due to the fact that the first 500 mile were in 35 -40 degree weather.)
Mileage is'nt bad if your not way in it, Ive gotten 33mpg with it...................but If I start playing Ive gotten as little as 66 miles before the light came on or maybe 20-22 mpg

:confused2:I guess I will have NO CHOICE, but to gut the extra cat I have and to get one of the Guru's ECU's, if not this season next winter.

Once you get past the break in, Max will start to speed up a bit. I changed the ECU to Yamaha's race ECU which changed the gas milage and power dramaticly. I can light it up, 1st, 2nd and 3rd with ease. Your tire is a bit new and sticky so that will wear out a bit to.

With your weight I am surprised it won't light up. Most fun I have ever had. Had two Gen 1 a 1986 and 1992. Nothing can compare, my opinion.

You didn't get a bad one, noisey yes, big arse motor your sitting on. It will loosen up as you ride more.

doh i forgot to mention that too. i feel that the bike gained power around the 8-9k mile mark. also, the bridgestones lose traction fast as they wear... kinda weird but it is true.

edit edit: protip, when youre starting the gen 2, just hold the start button until it starts. do NOT touch the throttle. it will flood and foul your plugs... not how you wanna spend your weekend trust me.

I think the stock ecu limits the throttle's reaction time and how far it will open in the first 3 gears, along with the top end limit. I followed Tim's developement of his ecu work until the little man started $hitting all over Tim's work. Tim ecu made the Vmax hit harder off the line for the quarter miler's and more rideable for the street rider.

Back