anyone have these??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a set a while back for the front of my sport quad - they didn't last the weekend - very cheap chinese shocks - if you look at the warning sticker - "do not incincrate", etc...

Spoke to one guy that had them on his max, said they were too soft and bottomed out alot.

Mike

i think i remember a post here about these a while ago. think sean morley did a little research on these and found they were for a moped or scooter. the tasil section on the black bike is the mv agusta rear made for the vmax. i got one on the 97. i'm sure there were a few guys on here who tried these with negative results. watch the uk version of ebay for a set off a gsx1400 or watch for a set of ohlins. i got my ohlins new for $500 i think.
014.jpg

later odieoh24

I had bought some. Have yet to use them. I don't think that I would want to put them on a four wheeler though. I was told that they were ok not great like ohlins. But you get what you pay for ..

Scooter

I contacted 2 guys before about these shocks.
One selling it locally and one in France.
The guy here told me it was too soft for the vmax, He tried but without success.
The guy in France told me guys from v-max club were buying it, and the shocks were doing the job.
Although they look really great, I won't go for it.
They seem to be undersized and not really build to handle the heavy beast the v-max is.

But since I didn't test those, I'm just supposing :)

:hijacked: Check out how much that rear wheel on the Max in the Ebay listing is slung over to the right. :no no no:

We have a set. Too soft for the max for sure. They do work well on the Fazer but with a 110lb woman on it.

Sean

Attachments

• Shannon Silver Fazer.jpg
    Shannon Silver Fazer.jpg
    113.4 KB
They came on my Max when I bought it, and I've had decent results with them. I run them at almost full soft on the springs, and only bottomed once, and that was on a whammy of a pothole I saw at the last second and couldn't avoid.

Otherwise, they're very comfortable and soak up bumps for cruising well. I played with the spring preload, and you can stiffen them up quite a bit. I've done about 5k miles on them and no problems so far.

Don't waste your money. now the ones on the bike in this thread are a whole differant breed. the cheep ones on e-bay are crap. I know, i bought a set. they are way too soft, and fit very poorly. again don't waste your money.

440's from Dennis Kirk were $159 about a month ago. Thanks again to Garrett for pointing it out. Free Progressive front forlk springs with a mail in promotion. Couldn't pass it up. Went for a cruise yesterday and have to say they don't just look good, they work well too.
Steve

np. i have a set of 440's for sale on ebay as i stated before. stock length. not a vmax shock but only 3mm off.

i still have the 440 HD 12.5 all blacked out ones, trying to figure out to sell or put 'em on.

Loving the 440's. Went for a ride with them yesterday to dial um in. Good upgrade over stock and the price was incredible.
Steve
I agree they are a major improvement over stockers that are probably worn out after 17 yrs (although no leaks). I can wait to try them out once I get my Intiminators installed, should make the Vmax perform and ride much better.

Latest posts

Back