Anyone in the Phoenix area with a bike lift?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kozy, I have a bike jack like the one shown in the pictures if you want to borrow it. I live in Chandler at Chandler Blvd. and Rural. It's hard to get a lowered bike onto it though. Email me at [email protected] if you want it. Spur :ummm:

Hey Kozy, I have a bike jack like the one shown in the pictures if you want to borrow it. I live in Chandler at Chandler Blvd. and Rural. It's hard to get a lowered bike onto it though. Email me at [email protected] if you want it. Spur :ummm:
Thanks for the offer bro, I appreciate it. I'm gonna head up to Peoria though and the guy up there that posted on here is gonna lend me a hand. We'll definitely have to meet up for a ride sometime though. For sure.
My email is [email protected]. Feel free to ever hit me up if you wanna ride, or if you know of any group rides. My wife and I love to go out on the bike.

Hey Kozy,
I have a 2000 Max w/ kerker pipes and ran into the same issue last week. I ended up with a slow leak from a nail. I went to put the center stand on to raise it up when I found out the center stand attachments had been cut off. I dont have a motorcycle jack so I had to improvise...anyways its ghetto but it worked. I used my car jack and a piece of 1.5in aluminum stock inbetween the pipes onto the frame and secured it w/ my car stands.
Anyways, hope it works out in Peoria. Im just down the road in Mesa so maybe we can ride sometime.

Legion

Hey Kozy,
I have a 2000 Max w/ kerker pipes and ran into the same issue last week. I ended up with a slow leak from a nail. I went to put the center stand on to raise it up when I found out the center stand attachments had been cut off. I dont have a motorcycle jack so I had to improvise...anyways its ghetto but it worked. I used my car jack and a piece of 1.5in aluminum stock inbetween the pipes onto the frame and secured it w/ my car stands.
Anyways, hope it works out in Peoria. Im just down the road in Mesa so maybe we can ride sometime.

Legion

Yeah that sounds like it would work. Sadly, until we buy a house, I won't have any of the proper tools or equipment. Once I get my garage, I'll buy a lift and all sorts of other goodies :eusa_dance:
We'll definitely have to ride sometime though. Karen and I don't know ANYONE out here in AZ.

Yeah that sounds like it would work. Sadly, until we buy a house, I won't have any of the proper tools or equipment. Once I get my garage, I'll buy a lift and all sorts of other goodies :eusa_dance:
We'll definitely have to ride sometime though. Karen and I don't know ANYONE out here in AZ.

I PM'd my number to you. Give me a call sometime and we can go grab a beer or something. I'd offer a ride right now but my girl is running like crap at the moment.
If its a matter of space we can always use my garage. Like I said earlier, its not sexy, but it worked...I think. My bike didnt start running crappy until after I jacked it up. I dont understand how it could be related but we'll see. I'm having the idea tossed around over in `carbs/tuning`. The guys on this board are awesome about freely sharing their knowledge. Especially with someone like me with little real mechanical experience.

I PM'd my number to you. Give me a call sometime and we can go grab a beer or something. I'd offer a ride right now but my girl is running like crap at the moment.
If its a matter of space we can always use my garage. Like I said earlier, its not sexy, but it worked...I think. My bike didnt start running crappy until after I jacked it up. I dont understand how it could be related but we'll see. I'm having the idea tossed around over in `carbs/tuning`. The guys on this board are awesome about freely sharing their knowledge. Especially with someone like me with little real mechanical experience.

I had little mechanical experience as well. Thanks to the guys on this forum and their tips/directions/help I was able to remove the engine completely from my bike, split the cases, replace the trans, and put it all back together. After doing that, I feel comfortable saying that I can do anything on the Vmax with relative ease. If you ever need or want any help doing any work on it, I'm only a phone call away. I love tinkering with things, and would be there (assuming that I had no prior commitments) in a flash.

For example, what would have normally been an intensive task prior to me owning this bike, in a matter of about 5 minutes I opened up my clutch and removed the 2nd spring that was in there. The stress on my left hand was too great. Like I said, 5 minutes and it was already done. Piece of cake.

So funny story, I went into Sears to get some Loctite and when I asked where I could find it, the guy took me over to a section and pointed out Loctite brand krazy glue....LOL
I walked out and went to AutoZone, where I should have gone in the first place.

i'd help ya out if i was closer. someones gotta be nearby.

which rotor/pads u go with?

i was getting tons of squealing on my back brake from HH (semi)-metallic pads from ebc AND galfer, i' highly recommend going to either's organic non-metallic pads. EBCs are FA88 as a model #.

I think I'm getting the same squealing you spoke of. Except its weird...i can only hear it at certain speeds. It keeps making me think that something is falling apart LOL

Oh. This noise comes around about 35 mph but goes away as soon as I speed up or slow down.

carb chains need tightening

Oh god...don't start....LOL

I've narrowed the noise down to my Kerker can. I'm pretty sure the rattle is in there somewhere, because when I let off the throttle the noise disappears. The wife heard it too....it's a strange day when a wife actually hears the same noises that the man does. Typically she never hears a damn thing!

Latest posts

Back