best paint stripper?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have found that if you leave the aircraft remover on too long, the pain will harden again. Spray it and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes and it should come right off. As previously mentioned, the warmer it is, the better it seems to work. You can also get some hot water while you are scraping it off to help clean things up a bit. Hot water and aircraft remover ='s stingy fingers and hands.

I'm not sure how good this works on pc parts, but i can't remember this stuff not working,for me anyway.

Good luck,

jeff

+1

OR, if it is powdercoated (if the whole scoop is black that might be what it is) that is tough stuff. Even the OEM paint is tough. You could send it to me and we'll chrome it! If you have a blast cabinet then get a baking soda medium and blast it with that. It will take longer as you noted but the soda will polish at the same time which will actually save you time.

You need to note that these castings are shit and even polished they will have bad spots in them. The scoop will still shine but look like it is stained in those areas.

Sean

I've powdercoated, stripped, the re-powdercoated many a paintball marker when I had my shop open.

This stuff: http://solventkleene.com/

Is the best I've seen and used, its nonhazardous, environmentaly friendly and just all around good stuff. It will paint very quickly, even remove powder coating in 10-15 mins with no scrubbing. Just dip it and your golden. Afterwards, use a mild non oil based solvent to clean up the part and your ready to refinish.

Kleen-Strip KS3 premium from WalMart. I'll need to give it a second round, but it works a lot better than anything else I tried. I should get some stuff designed for powdercoats though.

i have found that if you leave the aircraft remover on too long, the pain will harden again. Spray it and let it set for 5 to 10 minutes and it should come right off. As previously mentioned, the warmer it is, the better it seems to work. You can also get some hot water while you are scraping it off to help clean things up a bit. Hot water and aircraft remover ='s stingy fingers and hands.

I'm not sure how good this works on pc parts, but i can't remember this stuff not working,for me anyway.

+3

Latest posts

Back