Bought another one...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
...but it's not what you think. (However, it's one of the "good" ones from the past - before plactic took the world by storm).

Here's the story:

I made the mistake of asking Bacchus about the "collection" of ZL muscle listed in his signature line. Since he's nearby, next thing I know I'm over at his place drooling over a DRIVEWAY FULL of classic Eliminators (2 900's and 2 1000's !!!)

:punk: :surprise:

I don't know what happened. I took a quick putt on a sweet ZL900 he just finished up and I find myself in line down at the bank asking for Benjamins.

Sheesh.

Anyway, I had the first one in Orlando in 1985. Ticked my riding buddy off so bad he bought a new Vmax soon after. I always liked that Vmax - and never forgot it. The rest is history.

Fast forward 25 years. I've been happily riding MY Vmax for a while (there were lots of bikes before and in between) and I come across Bacchus on the Vmax forum with an interesting signature line - and an '85 ZL9 almost in my back yard.

Bought it today. I'll pick it up on Saturday. Needs nothing. It's not a show queen, but VERY clean and runs ... like a ZL should. Since my Vmax is pretty much where I want it for now, I'll poke just a little at the Eliminator. I think my first mod will be to lower the rear end a bit (Progressive) and find some decent LED rear signals. That's IT for now.

:bang head:

Photos below. I'm sure Bacchus won't mind if I use his shot of the Eliminator until I snap a few of my own.

I'm not stoked at all. My trouble now will be deciding which one to ride.

Attachments

• DSCF1954.jpg
    DSCF1954.jpg
    85.3 KB
  • eBay glam shot.jpg
    eBay glam shot.jpg
    67 KB
i THATS GREAT ! .. I WISH I HAD A SECOND BIKE JUST TO HOP ON AND GO , LOCAL RUNNING AROUND OR JUST TO POP OVER SOMEONES HOUSE REAL QUICK ! .. MY MAX I CANT PARK ANYWHERE , WHEN I BOUGHT MY ZX1100 , A FRIEND OF MINE WAS HAVING A BARBECUE AND ASKED ME TO STOP BY WHEN I PICKED IT UP , SO I DO , THIS GUY WHO WAS LIKE 5 YEARS OLDER THEN ME AND I HAVE KNOWN HIM , AT THAT TIME , FOR AT LEAST 10 OR 15 YEARS , ASKED IF HIS SON COULD SIT ON IT , I SAID YEAH JUST WATCH THE PIPES THEIR HOT , SO HE LIFTS HIM ONTO IT ( HE'S ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD ) , ALL IS FINE , THEN HIS DAUGHTER COMES OVER AND HANDS HIS SON A PLATE WITH A HOT DOG , BEANS & POTATO SALAD ON IT AND HE SITS IT RIGHT DOWN ON MY GAS TANK LIKE ITS A FUCKING PICNIC TABLE ! .. SO I'M LOOKING AT HIM , AND THEN AT THE KID AND THEN BACK AT HIM , FINALLY HE FIGURES OUT WHAT I'M THINKING AND THEN HAS THE BALLS TO SAY " WHATS THE BIG DEAL , WHATS IT GOING TO DO " ! .. I SAID ARE YOU KIDDING ME , ITS BRAND NEW , I JUST BOUGHT IT 20 MINUTES AGO , IT HAS ELEVEN MILES ON IT , SO HE GETS UP AND LIFTS HIS SON OF OF IT AND KIND OF GIVES ME A LITTLE BIT OF AN ATTITUDE , LIKE I'M THE DICK ! ... THAT WAS BACK IN 1996 AND I'M GETTING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW TALKING ABOUT IT ! .. WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE !

Good buy, when they had the shootout (takin it to the 9's) they had an eliminator. they beefed it a little (a turbo if I remember right, I have to dig out the article) and chained it. The thing couldn't hold traction.

I always liked the looks of them. :punk:

You are 2/3 of the way to one of my goals. When I had my 85 zl 900, I was looking to get a 85 Vmax and an 85 V65. "The big three".
Tim

I'm with ya Tothemax, someday I'll pick up a ZL1000 Eliminator and have the bad boys of muscle cruisers myself!

Latest posts

Back