Cahill's Yamaha

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when I was at the dealer picking up this Vmax today I was dealing with the GM. I told him I might could get him some buisness if he would give us a discount & he said no problem if your Max friends call & ask for me I will give them a %15 percent discount on parts and accessories. His name is Mark Ridgeway & his email is [email protected] & there web address is www.cahills.com phone 813-933-3528

Kyle, Congrats on picking up the Max they had and thanx for negotiating a discount for all of us.. Too Cool....:biglaugh:

Glad to see you got that bike Kyle. Did you see my post to SpecOps about it? I called about and guy said he take $900 for it so I hope you did as well or better. Definitely a good buy especially with the back rest! Sell that and the carbs and you almost made your money. Let us know if second gear is a quick fix or the true bad second issue. Damn, I'm gonna have to throw back a couple grand of emergency spending cash so I can keep up with you guys!

Glad to see you got that bike Kyle. Did you see my post to SpecOps about it? I called about and guy said he take $900 for it so I hope you did as well or better. Definitely a good buy especially with the back rest! Sell that and the carbs and you almost made your money. Let us know if second gear is a quick fix or the true bad second issue. Damn, I'm gonna have to throw back a couple grand of emergency spending cash so I can keep up with you guys!
Yeah I saw your post about it. I actually saw the craigslist add the day it came out but was running a little short on cash. I figured it was gone by now. $ 900 was there bottom dollar the mechanic did not even know they were gonna sell it for that he was wanting it to but I was standing there with the cash. 2nd gear sounds like hell I am sure its a true bad 2nd.

Shame it's not going to be a simple fix. I'm in line for parts if you go that way. You'll still make out breaking it up...:clapping:

Shame it's not going to be a simple fix. I'm in line for parts if you go that way. You'll still make out breaking it up...:clapping:
Still trying to make up my mind. I will let you know first. I have actually found some trans parts pretty cheap but I still will probably be better breaking it up. I am gonna take the back rest & the scoops down & have them powder coated tehn trade them out with the ones on Christines bike.

That's gonna look nice on Christines bike. I'm still tearing into mine to see if I'm gonna keep it but things may be looking up if you do part yours out. I'm Patiently awaiting word.

That's gonna look nice on Christines bike. I'm still tearing into mine to see if I'm gonna keep it but things may be looking up if you do part yours out. I'm Patiently awaiting word.
As of right now its probably in your favor. I think by the time I fixed the transmission ,recovered the seat ,fixed the paint on the front fender & done a lot of cleaning I would not make much on it trying to resell. I might fix the trans even if I part it out just in case some one want s to buy a good engine with no issues.

Kyle remember I've still got a 1300 engine sitting around, if ever you feel like an upgrade..

All it needs is carbs with Vboost and Vmax cylinder heads - as long as it's all good inside!

Kyle remember I've still got a 1300 engine sitting around, if ever you feel like an upgrade..

All it needs is carbs with Vboost and Vmax cylinder heads - as long as it's all good inside!
I really want to do a project but rarely have time to work on stuff I want to. Some one said something about a cafe bike which has been in my mind for quite some time and a chopper to. I already have plans for both but not much time for my self.

Back