california emission bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for the black water bottle looking canister on the left side right above the middle gear area (bolted to the frame). If it's been removed the next area to look would be the left front carb - right under the bracket attaching the front to the rear - there will be a stub sticking out and would be capped off. They also have a wire retainer for the emission hose from that nipple that the lower right screw in the carb cover goes through.

Sean

I dont have the vapor canister bolted to the frame or the retainer but there is the extra nipple on the left front carb. Damn, looks like I will have to order up some jets and rejet to us49 specs. I need to drop my mains to 145's anyway.

thanks

normally no smaller then 147.5's unless cobra's or maybe slip-ons at very high altitude.

I wouldn't bother rejetting any of the other jets. My 2005 was a cali bike and made 127rwhp with a kerker and one of my jet kits.

Sean

I am at 5100 ft. I was thinking of going with the 147.5's but it seems like a lot of guys at lower altitudes are having good luck with those so i thought I would try the 145's. If you recommend the 147.5's at 5100 ft I will go with that as you have far more experience then I in this area.

Latest posts

Back