coil conversion harness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What all comes in one of the cops kits?

Last edited:
Gannon is out of the COPs kit business. Sean Morley bought his spares, [email protected] and while you can buy the connectors and COPs from him, you'll need to build your own harnesses. If you decide to do that, be sure that you are familiar with the issues of resistors vs no resistors, and early OEM ignition box [1985-'89] vs late-model [1990-'07] ignition box, and the importance of resistors to longevity of your expensive ignition box. More reading: (38) COPs Ignition: Why all the fuss? | Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum (vmaxforum.net)

Duke, thanks for the comment, I sorry you didn't get the packaging that the rest will get. The packaging that I recieved in the mail today really makes them look good! I only have three sets left on this run. It will be another 5 weeks before a new run of resistors are available.
Thanks guys for all of your imput to make this happen
Gannon
Hello, if you have any more available please let me know. Chris, thank you!

Hello, if you have any more available please let me know. Chris, thank you!
I bought all of his last stock. I have the components to make harnesses except the resistors. But, I am not pre-assembling them. So, if you are running an ignitech or want to source your own resistors i can at least provide the rest (I am out of the coils at the moment but can get more coming)

I bought all of his last stock. I have the components to make harnesses except the resistors. But, I am not pre-assembling them. So, if you are running an ignitech or want to source your own resistors i can at least provide the rest (I am out of the coils at the moment but can get more coming)
Ok thank you, I am dropping it off next week for repairs and I suspect this is why it shuts down when it gets hot. Let me see what the mechanic says and go from there, thank you!

I don't have your report on' shutting-down when hot,' in-front of me. However, if after the bike comes-off the low temperature, into the normal operating range, and suddenly quits, but doesn't re-start, that's the sign of a failed ignition pick-up coil. It goes 'open' and out of the ohm range it's supposed to be in. Once it cools-down the bike re-starts. However, when in the normal operating range, it will quit again, and again.

Read the pick-up coil resistance when it happens, and compare it to the factory range. They are expensive as OEM parts. There are two on the 1985-'89 bikes, and one on the 1990-'07 bikes. The early ones are hard to come-by. I don't believe they are available from Yamaha anymore.

1720613354959.png

https://ia800204.us.archive.org/14/...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf

See page 33 of 405 pages, of the .pdf page count

PICK-UP ASSEMBLY​

26H-81670-10-00​

Yamaha

Pick-Up Assembly
26H-81670-10-00

Not Available

1720613832438.png

Latest posts

Back