VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting mike. i run toyota red b/c it is well liked by this and other motorcycle forums. i figure $10 more for stuff known to work well is worth it. glad to hear there is a cheap alternative

FYI-Taken directly from their website:

Specs

Zerex? Asian Vehicle Antifreeze/Coolant meets the following specifications: Hyundai/Kia MS 591-08, Mitsubishi ES-64217, JIS K 2234-1994, ASTM D3306, ASTM D4985, Ford WSS-M97B55-A, and recommended for Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Subaru, Mazda and other Asian brands

Paying $10 extra for an OEM coolant is not the part that really bothers me. The major hassle is getting over to the dealer. It's not like there is a Toyota, or Honda dealer right down the road from me. NAPA is really convenient for me. We have an account there, it is minutes away, and they deliver.

I see we have a coolant thread i just want to say i have been using the Purple Ice coolant and its great i noticed my gauge readings are the same as when i used the Redline water wetter. JIM

thought the newer prestone stuff that stats it can be used in aluminum engines would wrok just fine, like KJ says. Ive always used in my bike,cars,trucks and pending on when im running them just chg the concentration and no corrosion issues. Or if real worried use dexcool be like the honda or toyota stuff but GM version. just use de-ionized water for best results.

if getting too hot in those southern states, water wetter or the royal purple vs is great stuff, made huge difference in my cutlass when at the track, worth its weight in gold for sure.

I use engine ice. It's pricey but I don't replace it every year. My SV is due for a change this year though.

Chris

I use engine ice. It's pricey but I don't replace it every year. My SV is due for a change this year though.

Chris

Went to Engine Ice this fall. Not sure I believe the claims of 50 degrees cooler, but it will be interesting to see how well it appears to do in the Texas heat this summer.

Went to Engine Ice this fall. Not sure I believe the claims of 50 degrees cooler, but it will be interesting to see how well it appears to do in the Texas heat this summer.

Nah... It's BS! I have a digital on my SV and it runs about the same. What I DO see is that when the thermostat opens the temps drop faster/quicker than with stock coolant.

I run it in my truck and in my bike. No change in the bike, but the truck does run cooler. I'm thinking its due to the sizes of the cooling systems.

I installed the Prestone Extended Life antifreeze/ coolant in a 50/50 concentration. I read on the label the following: It is a Dex-cool approved product for aluminum radiators. also is silicate and phosphate free.
I picked it up at Walmart for $12.00.

Most newer anti-freezes are Glycol Based. Glycol and silcates do not mix well and when they do they form a kind of gel.

Back