Corbin seat opinions (vmax 2nd gen)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asking for opinions about Corbin front/drivers seat, is it any good? Looking to buy Corbin, or install gel pad to stock seat or just go with stock. I think stock is ok, I do get some fatigue on it but luckily these things has to be filled up often šŸ˜€

I just put my Corbin on a couple months ago and I was very surprised at the benefits. Itā€™s narrower at the front for increased ground contact but what I wasnā€™t expecting was that the main part of the seat is slightly dished which made me feel more in the bike instead of on top of it. The comfort difference over stock was night and day. I find it to be very comfortable for longer rides.

I just put my Corbin on a couple months ago and I was very surprised at the benefits. Itā€™s narrower at the front for increased ground contact but what I wasnā€™t expecting was that the main part of the seat is slightly dished which made me feel more in the bike instead of on top of it. The comfort difference over stock was night and day. I find it to be very comfortable for longer rides.
I agree totally. But it is so firm that you wouldn't think it would be as comfortable as it is. Good for the taller ones since it is wider than the stock seat. But for a ride over 100 miles it is so much better than OEM.

I'd like some clarity on the subject line: Corbin seat opinions (2nd gen)

- is this about Corbin seat for a 2nd Gen Vmax OR
- 2nd Gen Corbin seat for Gen 1 vMax (flap vs plug version)

I agree totally. But it is so firm that you wouldn't think it would be as comfortable as it is. Good for the taller ones since it is wider than the stock seat. But for a ride over 100 miles it is so much better than OEM.
Corbin says that it takes something like 1000 miles to fully break in to fit your butt, so it may keep getting better. As soon as I got mine I took a day trip of about 250 miles and it felt great. I also have the highway pegs which helps on long trips (Thanks Jim!)

I'd like some clarity on the subject line: Corbin seat opinions (2nd gen)

- is this about Corbin seat for a 2nd Gen Vmax OR
- 2nd Gen Corbin seat for Gen 1 vMax (flap vs plug version)
Topic is on ā€general VMAX 2nd gen discussionā€, I added 2nd gen there just to be sure but no, itā€™s still not clear enough. We are talking about 2nd gen VMAX 1700 2009-2020 MY Yamaha motorcycles and Corbin aftermarket seats for that motorcycle.

Corbin says that it takes something like 1000 miles to fully break in to fit your butt, so it may keep getting better. As soon as I got mine I took a day trip of about 250 miles and it felt great. I also have the highway pegs which helps on long trips (Thanks Jim!)
I've got much more than 1K on my Corbin and it's still pretty hard. The previous one they had to warranty was due to 1) seat pan didnt fit the bike because they claimed whoever pulled the mold did it before it was cured and therefore was distorted 2) it was even HARDER foam...you could barely make an impression while leaning into it with your knuckles....they claimed someone mis-mixed the foam. Mistakes happen...but 2 screwups on 1 seat means that folks were being lazy and probably messed up many seats/have a poor QA process (or none). The 2nd seat was 'meh' but considering I wasted an entire summer to get it sorted, I wasnt about to go back for seat #3.

Your milage may very but indeed I'd consider ALL seating options

Latest posts

Back