Coyotus Interruptus

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to be the perfect strike to do that damage and still keep it on 2. If that were me, I would have then gone out and bought a lotto ticket :biglaugh:

I hit a large dog years ago with my seca turbo. Speedo was buried at the time so no idea how fast I was going. Want to say in the 130mph range. Was like evil Knievel with the airtime I got. Bike stayed upright probably more due to sheer velocity. However, when I went to stop about a mile later (at the stop sign) I figured out real quick that my foot had been broken. Made it home and loaded up in the truck to go get fixed up in the hospital.

I had a bad few years there where I was hitting dogs, cats, possums, and birds at an alarming rate. It must have been a sign from above. I pretty much ignored it though and it wasn't much later that I had a car pull out on to the highway right in front of me. Tore me, the wife, and the bike all to hell. Totaled out the Chrylser and didn't walk away I can tell you. I do still have the bike and had actually put it all back together while I was still on crutches.

Sean

I hit a large dog years ago with my seca turbo. Speedo was buried at the time so no idea how fast I was going. Want to say in the 130mph range. Was like evil Knievel with the airtime I got. Bike stayed upright probably more due to sheer velocity. However, when I went to stop about a mile later (at the stop sign) I figured out real quick that my foot had been broken. Made it home and loaded up in the truck to go get fixed up in the hospital.

I had a bad few years there where I was hitting dogs, cats, possums, and birds at an alarming rate. It must have been a sign from above. I pretty much ignored it though and it wasn't much later that I had a car pull out on to the highway right in front of me. Tore me, the wife, and the bike all to hell. Totaled out the Chrylser and didn't walk away I can tell you. I do still have the bike and had actually put it all back together while I was still on crutches.

Sean

you are one lucky SOB!

I hit an eastern brush wolf one night, going maybe 40 - 45. Got lucky, he crouched down low when he realized he was in the headlights and I hit him broadside, just bounced right up and over him, never went down.

Not so lucky for the wolf tho, it broke his back and I had to shoot him.

This is a pic of my friends wreck in Jan. His leg is still pinned up from being shattered. Broke fingers and ribs also. It was on a 79 CBX he had just bought at the previous Barber Vintage Bike Rally. It was obviously totaled with broken frame, etc. Very few salvagable parts. The vehicle is a Ford Ranger pickup that ran a red light. The driver had to climb out of the passenger window. Driver had minimum insurance which was used up the first 24 hours in ER and ICU. Insurance requirements have obviously not kept up with costs.

Attachments

• Cell phone 1-23-09 #2.jpg
    Cell phone 1-23-09 #2.jpg
    62.3 KB
This is a pic of my friends wreck in Jan. His leg is still pinned up from being shattered. Broke fingers and ribs also. It was on a 79 CBX he had just bought at the previous Barber Vintage Bike Rally. It was obviously totaled with broken frame, etc. Very few salvagable parts. The vehicle is a Ford Ranger pickup that ran a red light. The driver had to climb out of the passenger window. Driver had minimum insurance which was used up the first 24 hours in ER and ICU. Insurance requirements have obviously not kept up with costs.

Sure hate hearing this m-c, it looks like he was fortunate to have even survived this at all!
And real sorry about his CBX too, you just don't see them anymore!

I've enjoyed a beer or two with the gentleman m-c mentioned. They don't come any nicer. I saw his cbx only once in one piece. I hope he's up back on two wheels soon.

I didn't realize he whacked that truck so hard. Jesus.

Nope, nothing protecting that wolf Tom, when that hollow point went in his right ear he dropped like a stone!! :gun shoot::biglaugh:
You liquified his brain with a hollow point ?
Those ones don`t exit do they?
should atleast made yourself a hat or something LOL.
<<Dave>>:rofl_200:

You liquified his brain with a hollow point ?
Those ones don`t exit do they?
should atleast made yourself a hat or something LOL.
<<Dave>>:rofl_200:

I was living up north in the Adirondack Mtns. and I guess there were a few of them around, but not many. One less after I went through that night! :biglaugh:

He really was a beautiful animal, I felt bad about having to put him down...even rested his head in my lap and scratched his ears for a couple minutes first.

The State Trapper took the body, for study, I guess, see where he'd been, what he ate, stuff like that.

I'm sorry 626, I thought you said those ones don't exist....not don't exit!!! DOH!! No, if the hollow point hits bone, like a skull, it will fragment into little pieces, doing lots of damage. I don't recall whether this was a thru shot or not, I shot him in the ear so as not to take a chance on the round glancing off his skull and not doing the job. It was only a .22 hp.

Latest posts

Back