Cruise Control

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I have been checking into crusie controls for my budyy that has a VTX1800. He wants to be able to set it at a specific speed and it hold it up and down hills.
I think I found one that would be good for the bike, a Audiovox ccs 100. They make a electronic or a vacumn cannister, does anybody have any experiance with these. Are they good/ bad/ other (you have to add X to make it work right)?
Any input is appreciated!

The vacuum can on that model is fairly large, and therefore HARD to find a place suitable to conceal it. If memory serves me, that thing is about 3 inches in diameter by about 4 inches tall.

The electronic model version of it has a module about the size of two packs of cigarettes - per a sales guy on the phone one day back when I was looking for a unit to hide on my Rune.

I don't have any idea how much spare room is available for this type installation on your friend's VTX. It might be do-able. :ummm:

There was a nice unit that someone installed probably 10-12 years ago and I never made good notes on it. I think it was documented in a Vboost at one point.

Sean

I actually have some components from a Venture that has the cruise control on it. Looks like a pretty nearly bolt on setup. Even the switch housing has modifed with a special button.

Sean

Latest posts

Back