Custom Built Motorcycles Bobber xr650

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool. does the front end have suspension?

Nice looking bike...but if I want to be cramped I just take the RC51 out...:punk:

More importantly , ONLY 650 cc...nothing under 1K will do...:rocket bike:

So he copied a confederate ? With a crappy (imho) engine? Looks cool, sure there is a good deal of fabrication/skill there but why not use a better motor? I would use a 600cc inline 4 or maybe a rotax v twin.

I like it, but then again I'm starting to really like them builds that have that industrial feel to it.

Attachments

• 11583.jpg
    11583.jpg
    64.5 KB
  • 11585.jpg
    11585.jpg
    65.5 KB
  • 98826379089530.jpg
    98826379089530.jpg
    87.4 KB
  • amboss_02.jpg
    amboss_02.jpg
    133.6 KB
  • dbnumber-ten01.jpg
    dbnumber-ten01.jpg
    132.4 KB
  • e94268f24510fd572d4830c899b3cc7eae45a6ac.jpg
    e94268f24510fd572d4830c899b3cc7eae45a6ac.jpg
    141.5 KB
  • matteblackvmax2.jpg
    matteblackvmax2.jpg
    108.6 KB
  • rx_streetfighter2.jpg
    rx_streetfighter2.jpg
    66.9 KB
  • rx_streetfighter7.jpg
    rx_streetfighter7.jpg
    80.1 KB
Not to hijack this, but what's the deal with the single sided swingarms? It just seems like it'd be a crappy design, it would cause an enormous moment about where the axle goes into the one arm. When I first saw it I figured it was kind of a novelty to show that it could be done, and it looked kind of funky but now it seems to be catching on with OEMs and customs. Is it all for a weight savings over a regular "fork" swingarm?

Not to hijack this, but what's the deal with the single sided swingarms? It just seems like it'd be a crappy design, it would cause an enormous moment about where the axle goes into the one arm. When I first saw it I figured it was kind of a novelty to show that it could be done, and it looked kind of funky but now it seems to be catching on with OEMs and customs. Is it all for a weight savings over a regular "fork" swingarm?

Besides the removal advanteges(like car setup) its only for the look.
And its looks very unique!

8k on it? just think about the time and money spent on it ...
Many guys have spent that much on their max, so why not.
But I agree he should have used a better engine lol

I think the single sided swingarm has been proven strong and reliable with it's use in racing where it's primary advantage is weight savings, secondary would be for fast tire changes in wet/dry conditions.
I like the industrial look as well especially with extensive use of machined parts.:punk:

Latest posts

Back