Deciphering Vin# ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoMax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a mid. 60's Yamaha. From what i have about the bike so far is that it's probably 65-67 YL-1 or YL-1E. It belongs to my buddies brother, but they don't know exactly what it is. It's in a barn in Sask., Canada. Here are the VIN#'s, Frame: Y33 506634 Engine: L1-506634. I'm also looking for advice on what it might be worth. I have many pics. of the bike from different angles. Thanks for your time

I was looking for one of these Yamaha's when I came across my 94 VMax. I wanted a 305 Big Bear Scrambler so bad. The prices then (4 years ago) ran from total junk for $100.00 to fully restored low mileage bikes at $4-6, 000.00. I have no idea how to track the VIN# you have. One site says they can do it with 13 digits...

Good Luck,
Dave

You are right, I typo'd, the site I found was a 17 digit site. Don't have a clue how we could make up that many digits.. I used to swap PM's with someone here who owned the street version (Down Pipes) but I had to delete a lot of messages and he was one.:sad2:

Back