different 2 brake line...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Heres a question:

on the new triumph speed triple we picked up, has an interesting front brake line system. they run one line from the m/c to one caliper. that joint has a double length banjo bolt and another line comes off of that joint over the fender to the other caliper.

any reason that wouldn't work on a vmax with its calipers?

i already have my brake lines, but these are the questions...

Heres a question:

on the new triumph speed triple we picked up, has an interesting front brake line system. they run one line from the m/c to one caliper. that joint has a double length banjo bolt and another line comes off of that joint over the fender to the other caliper.

any reason that wouldn't work on a vmax with its calipers?

i already have my brake lines, but these are the questions...

Most sport bikes do it this way. My SV1000 was this way as well.

I replaced with a twin line because they're WAY easier to bleed.

It WOULD work on the max though.

Chris

As chris noted it will work fine with 1 - 2 - or even 10 lines. Total displacement once bled will not change. You could have a line 100' long and would up under the tank cover. What you would have would be some fluid pressure loss from line flex if it was all a flexible based line (even braided has a small amount of flex).

But, most of those sportbikes have methods to attach the short line to the fender as it passes over to the other side.

Sean

interesting. not that i really want to do it. could it also introduce a single point of failure? say the intermediate caliper?

eh probably not right, b/c even with 2 lines if one caliper fails and doesn't keep pressure the fluids just gonna leak out of that one. i guess you could clamp it shut in the interim but you're probably already on your way to the hospital.

Correct. Basically instead of two lines and a longer bolt at the top they put the longer bolt at the bottom. The fluid doesn't go into one and then into the other.

Chris

it seems to me that would be the easiest way to bleed lines. bleed from the end caliper first, then just flush the intermediate caliper.

anyways. any benefits to doing it that way? do they save $2 in the 2' of brake line they would have otherwise needed?

it seems to me that would be the easiest way to bleed lines. bleed from the end caliper first, then just flush the intermediate caliper.

anyways. any benefits to doing it that way? do they save $2 in the 2' of brake line they would have otherwise needed?

Probably ease of installation. It's all installed and all they hook up is the top line... I see NO benefit over the twin line setup like I have. I suppose in a way it's cleaner with the over fender line.

Latest posts

Back