fcr problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today i got my carbs from John Furbur. Pcw setup. Installed them to my bike. all good so far. turn the key push the ignition button and vroommmmm..

smiled and what the fuck. from the T joint (where the join so they get fuel.) fuel leaks. i should post pictures but in this time i forgot my mobile to my house so i cant for now. so we have 2 carbs (in one side) 1 front 1 rear and between ther is a rubber T joint where fuel splits from the main fuel hose. behind the rubber joint in both side where the get in the carbs is there O-RINGS. Is this my problem ??. I Have no expereince with FCR's some advice will be appreciated

i had mailed to the seller , but untill he replied i just thought it will be good idea to ask the V-max forum . The seller is John Furbur and he told me after HE CALLED call to John Ganey at pcw. the carbs are in very good condition but stayed some time on the self. i will spray wd-40 they both think this will solve the problem. or else i will just have to replace the O-ring.

i had mailed to the seller , but untill he replied i just thought it will be good idea to ask the V-max forum . The seller is John Furbur and he told me after HE CALLED call to John Ganey at pcw. the carbs are in very good condition but stayed some time on the self. i will spray wd-40 they both think this will solve the problem. or else i will just have to replace the O-ring.

Could be stuck fuel bowl float. It it sat for some time they maybe stuck or sticking. WD40 not going to solve your problem, if in fact its the floats??

Why not put hose clamps on the joints? That's what i have on mine. (I have a brass T joint..don't know if you can clamp down if you have a rubber joint)

That kind of oring cost around 15 cents in my country...

Some of the connecting "T" fittings have built in o-rings. I'd wiggle it up and down (rotate it) and see if you can get the fitting to reseat. Likely I can get a replacement part for you from Sudco but would need some dimensions (width and fuel inlet size).

Sean

ok problem solved with wd40. sprayed it play it a bit and everything is perfect. made my first ride today with my fcr's and the only thing i can say is that i am impressed. it like i have a different engine. lots of power and power doesnt end even in 10.000 -11.000 rpm. DYNA3000 will take on from now to hold the power about 9500-10000rpm . dont want to damage my engine.

Latest posts

Back